*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Help

Discussion in 'Loss of Child' started by Youloveme1335, May 29, 2022.

1. Youloveme1335

Youloveme1335 New Member

I lost my daughter a little over a year ago. I struggle every day since she's been gone. I dream of her. I think of her. I hate myself some days. She was only 11. How do i over come losing her?

2. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I don't believe we ever really overcome losing someone, especially such a young child. We are different people after something so terrible happens. Grieving is a walk down a path. We try walking and avoiding all the land mines, but it is impossible. I am sure you have so many memories of your daughter that many many things will remind you of her.
    There is never any reason to hate yourself. God loves you and cares about the pain you are going through. He can provide some comfort if you will reach out to him and express your feelings whether they are good or bad. It also gives you an opportunity to become aware of what you are actually feeling so you can work through those feelings.
    Keep talking with us here. We all have had a loss which is devastating and can understand how you are suffering.
    Ask any questions which are bothering you and we will try to answer them the best we can.
    Sending love to you.
    Chris