*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Help. I need advice ..

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Allison.12, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

WAIT, Deb, before you go, George just
    sent the signs of the Zodiac. I'm not one
    to read mine every day, but I must say
    the description of my crab sign fits me
    perfectly. To be trite, what is your sign,
    Deb? Karen and George are both
    Scorpios. Lou

2. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Gary,

Go to the second page of The Center For Loss. Scroll all the way to the bottom, and on the bottom right corner, it'll have a place to sign up for emails. The second page says my account at the top of it.

I agree!!! Better days ahead for TGW!!!

As always, sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Van Gogh likes this.
  3. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Maybe it doesn't take much for me to laugh, but I'm laughing again. You are tough, get ready for the S&A's this weekend. Can't wait to hear some of their jokes at the Shack and how you took it. Better not tell them about Linda's name for you "crab" or you will be in for it.

Van Gogh likes this.
  4. cjpines

Aquarius me Karen not Scorpios.

Van Gogh likes this.
  5. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George,

Today I got my strength from you. You are truly an inspiration to all of us... You have accomplished so much in so little time, TU!!! Whenever I think about everything you have to do, I tell myself that if you can do this, then so can I!!! I don't have even half as much on my plate as you do, TU!!! (I wish I could stop saying this. It's a tough habit to break. Goes back many, many years...)

We will be strong together!!! WE ARE TGW!!!

P.S. I agree that even when we're having a really bad day, we are healing... Although sometimes I don't believe it as I'm suffering through it.

eyepilot13 and Van Gogh like this.
  6. Van Gogh

7. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Karen,

Bob way back when, used to call me "Hollywood." Long story behind it, but as soon as we adopted our second "fur baby," from a nearby shelter, I told Bob we were naming her Hollywood, so now he could call our cat Hollywood instead of me. Backing up just a bit, she was a beautiful long haired black cat, with huge blue, green eyes... She was more like a dog than a cat. Out of all the cats we had over the years, she was Bob's favorite. Hollywood and our dog used to compete for space next to Bob when he was watching football. It was prime real estate, lol!!!

As I told Lou and George, I didn't think I was able to laugh after how down I've been feeling lately. I wasn't going to come back here tonight, but I guess I just couldn't stay away from all of you. TGW are the absolute best, TU!!! I love each and every one of you, TU!!! I need to find a way to break this habit. As I told Lou, at least a month ago, not really sure, I HATE!!! this widow foggy brain thing, it's beginning to get stale.

I hope you get some quality zzz's tonight.

As always, sending you and Rambo lots of hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Van Gogh likes this.
  8. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George,

This grief think really SUCKS BIG TIME!!! Since Bob's death, things that I haven't thought about in years have suddenly invaded my brain... Backing up a bit, I love that Valerie made you heart shaped brownies... I made Bob a heart shaped cake one Valentine's Day, but never made him heart shaped cookies.

Van Gogh likes this.
  9. cjpines

I mentioned, Rambo, Jack's cat is too much like a dog. I mean, needy, always wants food, snacks, attention, begging. I always wondered why dogs are always begging for food, do you have an answer? Anyway, that's my impatience speaking as why I don't have a dog.
    That's cute Hollywood for a name.
    I know you can come up with a joke with your sense of humor, we need laughs. Good night Deb, K

Van Gogh and DEB321 like this.
  10. Van Gogh

[QUDOTE=" Gogh, post: 22316, membe30pmr: 25369"]WAIT, Deb, before you go, George just
    sent the signs of the Zodiac. I'm not one
    to read mine every day, but I must say
    the description of my crab sign fits me
    perfectly. To be trite, what is your sign,
    Deb? Karen and George are both
    Scorpios. Lou[/QUOTE]
    "][/QUOTE]

11. Van Gogh

Karen, about to go to bed. As I just told
    Deb, I'm punch drunk, & worried that I'm
    not following these threads fast enough,
    and will be out of the loop again! I'm
    also worried about the lunar eclipse
    Friday night -- this crab may have to retreat into his hard outer shell, to protect
    his sensitive inner core. I learned that
    last bit from George's posting of signs of
    the Zodiac. Lou

12. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Karen,

If it wasn't for you, Lou and George tonight, I think I would have had another one of those sleepless nights. I love TGW, TU!!!

I have no idea why dogs can't get enough food. My very favorite fur baby was spoiled rotten. On Friday nights before our kids were born, Bob and I used to go to this bar that was a real dive, TU!!! However, on Friday nights they had prime rib. (I didn't eat red meat until I met Bob.) It was the absolute best, another TU!!! As an added plus, it was cheap$$ The place was always packed. Long story short, the reason why I told you this story, is because even though I only wanted the smaller "queen" size , Bob always ordered me the "king" size. He knew I wouldn't be able to finish it. He would ask for a box, stick it inside, and when we got home, he would carefully remove all the gristle around the edges, and feed our dog only the very best leftovers. It got to the point where our extremely spoiled, but much loved fur baby, would not only walk away from gristle, but from any sort of tough meat. It would always make Bob and I laugh... Sometimes I would laugh so hard, my eyes got watery, but only in the best of ways!!! This is the first time I've thought about this in years... It's making me teary eyed.... I HATE!!! that from now on, life will always be so bittersweet!!! When it came to dogs, Bob's heart would just melt... On the exterior, he was the strong, silent, always play it "cool" type... But, and this is one of those really BIG BUTS!!!, on the inside he was just a great big teddy bear... Really crying now... Need another tissue.

Sleep well...

Van Gogh likes this.
  13. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Lou,

My sign is Taurus... Super toasted, so calling it a night. Be back tomorrow...

Sleep well..

Van Gogh likes this.
  14. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Thanks Deb for the LMSO when I read if one of us is going down we’re all going down together. That’s some serious unity. George I didn’t read your post to Deb until just now. I found out I missed it when I read Lou saying George you got guts. You’re moving forward George big time. I have two pictures of Cheryl I talk to when she was 4 or 5. I came to grief this afternoon after feeling so lonely. A big wave of aloneness struck me down. I’m definitely cut off from Cheryl’s family and a several close friends. That’s why talking to Cheryl is so important now. When I walked to the woods Monday morning I saw Orion in the sky. I looked at the belt and thought that’s where our dearly beloved resides now. Zuba writes we dance between two worlds. We dance between this world and the world our dearly beloved lives in. I was able to attend a Zoom meeting tonight and talk to some real humanoids. It felt good. Sleep well TGW. Love you all.

Van Gogh likes this.
  15. Van Gogh

Thanks. Deb! As Linda used to say, if
    you're a Taurus, you must " be strong
    like bull" TU!!! I'm "toasted" too, but
    not drunk...... Sleep well. Talk tomorrow. L

16. Van Gogh

Gary, about to go to bed. Check out
    George's Zodiac sign info. I'm CANCER,
    the crab. The crab fits me perfectly, so
    maybe there's some truth in it. TGW
    are sharing their signs, which is a nice
    distraction from mourning. What's your
    sign, Gary ? Lou

eyepilot13 likes this.
  17. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you Gary, Today turned into a day of doing things Ron enjoyed, and that we did together. I made it through today and feel stronger for it.
    I thought I signed up for the daily quote but I don’t receive them.
    There are better days ahead just like your friend said. We just need to keep working towards them. One day at a time. Keep the faith.
    Robin

18. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Small world, Valerie made you heart shape brownies on your first Valentines day together and I made Ron a heart shaped chocolate cake on our first Valentines Day together. It’s all bittersweet isn’t it.

19. Van Gogh

Robin & Gary:Google
    ,Robin and Gary, Google Center for Loss and Life in Transition, and send your
    email address & name. You should start
    receiving daily grief quotations, via
    emails, right away. The founder is a
    grief therapist & author, Alan Wolfelt.
    Back to sleep, talk tomorrow. Lou

20. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Life is strange and crazy and beautiful!

Van Gogh likes this.