*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Help. I need advice ..

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Allison.12, Nov 6, 2021.

1. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Haaaa! Have a good evening Lou.

eyepilot13 and Van Gogh like this.
  2. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

I said the A__ word to Deb will I be banned now?! I'm a Scorpion BTW

DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  3. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Robin I haven’t been on the site much today but I want you to know I’ve been thinking about you all day long. It sounds like your mantra is keep on keeping on. and you’re making the best out of a bad situation. I did poorly on the aarp.org staying sharp games this morning. That tells me My brain is in slow motion. It’s been cloudy foggy and rainy here all day. A friend of mine had a cancer treatments and had to be kept in isolation for six weeks. I asked him how he did it? and he said he took a lot of pictures of happy times to look at and just kept telling himself better days are coming. And that is going to happen to us. better days are coming. I’ve gone to the centers for loss site several times and can’t find the daily quote. Is there a special link? Thanks. Gary

DEB321, eyepilot13 and Van Gogh like this.
  4. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

George, I admire your guts, in talking to
    Valerie's picture. I can't do that. I put our
    wedding photos in the closet. I just can't.
    look at them without sobbing, 3 years
    later. I do look at her simple memorial
    ( I prefer that, to saying ashes). It's a
    simple green block with just her name.
    I asked the funeral director not to
    put Linda's birth & death dates on it, bc
    her spirit is timeless, and will always be
    in my heart and soul. I do have a lighthouse next to her name, bc we
    visited many lighthouses, and both of us
    loved the sea. One of my friends at the
    American Legion, Roger, 92, Korean
    War veteran. who I've mentioned before,
    buried his wife, after 67 years of marriage.
    I choked up when he told me that he
    talks to a framed photo of his wife, every
    morning. Lou

eyepilot13 likes this.
  5. Van Gogh

Oh, a Scorpion!! I've been warned about
    your sign. Scorpions are faster, and scarier,
    than crabs!! Lou

eyepilot13 likes this.
  6. cjpines

You won't be banned. Keep them jokes coming, we need it.

Van Gogh and eyepilot13 like this.
  7. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

We both had steaks and his favorite brownie dessert. I’m exhausted. Not from today but from the days leading up today.

8. cjpines

I totally understand. I had a very hard time for 4 days leading up to the day and glad it was over. But, it took me a couple of days afterwards not to go back in my head with the last memories of his passing. I'm glad 1 year is over. Hope you sleep good Robin, K

Van Gogh likes this.
  9. eyepilot13

Hey Lou!
    It was not easy. Every time I looked at her picture I cried... A lot! I still do but her last wishes were for her George's to be happy. I want to honor that. It is not easy. So I look at a rare picture of her (she hated being photographed!) I found from her school stuff when she was an aide with developmentally disabled children- her calling even though she wouldn't admit it! Thatz s her! I so admire that you have friends like JS did in TWN that is so cool and I want to get there. Maybe when I move which looks like itz really gonna happen on the 29th! This is my legacy for her to. Get out of this ridiculous house and lead a more Zen-ie life. You are so cool and strong too! I see this in your messages. How you are helping everyone! I wish I had more to say. But I guess I'm kinda distracted and stuff! I wish I could find my own "Shack!"

10. eyepilot13

Cancer just plain F-ng Sux! We gotta keep goin' on even though we don't always want to. I wish Valerie could be here. dreamed of her again last night~!

Van Gogh likes this.
  11. eyepilot13

We are determined and mysterious! Or so I'm told!

cjpines and Van Gogh like this.
  12. eyepilot13

I so get it!
    Steak is good. Brownies!
    Valerie made heart shaped brownies in 1987 for our first Valentines Day. Now I want to cry!

13. Van Gogh

I agree, Karen! Your sassiness toughened
    me up, so I'll be ready for the "slings &
    arrows" on Fri night & Sat morning. BTW,
    when Kim drove me home, before dark
    ( at 5pm!!),we saw a beautiful full
    moon. It will be interesting how the
    eclipse will affect behavior. Lou

eyepilot13 likes this.
  14. eyepilot13

We the badAss sign of the Z-dak! watch out LOL

Van Gogh likes this.
  15. eyepilot13

Moon stuff is cool... except when I was teaching Junior High... The kidz acted crazy! And me too!

Van Gogh likes this.
  16. Van Gogh

Interesting that you and Karen share the
    same sign, George! Karen, you, and I are
    on a roll tonight! Karen specializes in the
    short zingers to keep me on my toes! Every
    time I write tonight, I get a new "alert",
    while typing. I feel very popular! Lou

eyepilot13 likes this.
  17. eyepilot13

"Happy full moon in your sign, Scorpio! A lunar reset in your realm of the zodiac only happens once a year, so think of this as a powerful chance to reinvent yourself and transform into something new. You have the power to manifest your desires into reality now, so get in touch with your goals and motivate yourself into making them happen." Lou see about you crab dudes! I love this astrology crap and I really think it makes sense! But not as dogma. I don't like dogmatick processes. But this can be fun... and interesting! Lou are da bomb! Thanks for being our godfather of GIC!
    https://www.bustle.com/life/november-2021-full-moon-affect-every-zodiac-sign

18. eyepilot13

I used the A word I hope I'm not in trubble!

19. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Lou,

I guess I just couldn't stay away from TGW for an entire night, TU!!! You, Karen and George have done what I didn't think was possible today/tonight. I read all of your posts and couldn't stop laughing, TU!!! If saying the word "ass" on this site is banned, I guess we're all going down together. I think it was just the other day that I had to tell you what pita stands for. So now I'm wondering if I'm going to be the first to go...

Backing up a bit, I have to admit that my eyes were watery once again, as you told me this heartbreaking story. However, the first time around you didn't tell me that Linda called you an a**. There, now maybe I won't get banned and I'll be able to save you guys too. Wait, if all of you are thrown out of here, I'm still going with you, would miss all of you way too much!!!, TU (last one for tonight.)

Thank you so much for all the laughs!!! TGW are the absolute best!!! TU!!! (I lied, but this is another one of those very BIG BUTS!!!, I didn't do it intentionally.)

Sleep well...

As always sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Van Gogh likes this.
  20. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George,

I think it was Gary who said that even the EF bomb is just a colorful adjective. I have to agree. So go right ahead and use that word ASS!!! If you get tossed off this site, so will I, along with Karen and Lou. If we go down, we're all going down together...

Just as I told Lou, you and Karen too, got me to laugh, and I mean really laugh tonight!!! I didn't think this was possible because I've just been so down lately. TGW are the absolute best!!! TU!!! I love all of you, another TU!!!

I hope you get some quality zzz's tonight....

As always, sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Van Gogh likes this.