*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Heartbroken

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Jenni H, Jun 24, 2023.

1. Jenni H

Jenni H New Member

I lost my best friend, my grandma, December 18th of 2021. I talked to her two days before and I never saw it coming. I miss her so much that I feel like I'm drowning. After she passed my mother told me how much of a disappointment I was to her, I don't believe that's true, but it still breaks my heart to not hear her tell me its not. Such a big part of me is gone and I don't know how to cope.

Karyl likes this.
  2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Jenni my heart breaks for you. Losing people we love so much, who help mold us into who we are is the hardest thing we ever deal with. Nothing can prepare us for this. It hits hard and fast. When I lost my Mom I felt like you’re feeling. She had dementia and seeing her that way was very difficult but her face still lit up when she saw me. She was my best friend in the world. Then I lost my soul mate suddenly with no health issues at all, he suffered a massive heart attack Nov 17, 2018. I felt so lost so alone and scared. I still feel all those things but I have gotten stronger. I found this site a year after Ron passed and I credit this site and all the wonderful people on here for getting me to where I am today. I don’t wish anyone to need this site but it is wonderful place to find people who get it. Everyone on here knows and understands what we’re feeling. Everyone cares and there’s never any judgement. I’m so sorry your Mom added salt to your wound. It sounds like you and your Grandma had a very close relationship, full of love and special times. I doubt she was disappointed in you at all. Part of coping is talking about your loss and feelings. My guess is you’re not talking about your Grandma to your Mom. But you can on this site. We understand. It’s helps so much to not hold all those feelings in. You have friends here. In time your special memories with your Grandma will eventually bring a smile. Try not to be hard on yourself. You loved your Grandmother and she loved you. Remember that. Visit this site often, read and share thoughts and feelings when you feel you can.
    Sending you a big hug from NY. ❤️ Robin

3. TracyK

TracyK New Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom two weeks ago and my grandma in 2018. I understand and feel so lost and alone as well. I am sorry your mom did that to you. sending you lots of hugs.

4. Karyl

Karyl Member

5. Karyl

Karyl Member

Oh my heck- I can’t believe your mom would say that to you! She’s probably not in her right mind at the moment.
    I am positive that your Grandma loved you and was SO proud of you.
    I wish this wasn’t happening to you.
    Hugs,
    ❤️❤️❤️