*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Heartbroken

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Kat11, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Kat, thank you for your kind reply. I am
    so sorry about your continued heartbreak,
    & difficulty sleeping . My doctor gave me
    a small dosage of over the counter
    Melatonin, non addictive, to relax me
    enough, to sleep 4 hours, in the beginning,
    and gradually build on that. I agree that
    Robin's words are wise, moving, and
    comforting. Thank you for sharing your
    soulmate's name is CJ. I say Linda's name,
    as often as I can, bc her spirit is within me,
    and I must honor her memory, Lou

Gary166, DEB321, Rose69 and 1 other person like this.
  2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Kat, I’m happy that those words hit home for you. And will bring you comfort. I find it to be true. I hear Ron from within guiding me or cheering me on. I know you’ll experience that with CJ, her voice will get you through some rough times and give you the push you might need to get fresh air or smile without guilt. Our life partners can still support and love us. As much as I miss Ron it’s his love and honoring him that has helped me find some peace. Sometimes i miss him more then 2 years ago. He’s been gone way too long. And sometimes he pushes me and I get moving and feel stronger. Let CJ’s inner voice help guide you. Be open to it. Kat, there are better days ahead, keep working towards them. Robin.

Gary166, DEB321, Sweetcole and 2 others like this.
  3. Van Gogh

Summer ( really gives me hope to call you
    that after the record breaking wind chills
    of the last 2 days), you captured my
    feelings when you said, "Sometimes I miss him more than 2 years ago. He's been gone
    way too long". In The Widower's Notebook,
    a memoir, by Jonathan Santlofer, the
    author comes to the sad realization his
    wife of 40 years, Joy, will never come
    back----EVER. Where I differ from Jonathan
    is my belief in God, and in an afterlife,
    where my spirit will be reunited with
    Linda's. I have a friend, in his late 60s,
    who had a near death experience on the
    operating table in the ER, after a terrible
    car crash, at 20. He felt his spirit rise
    above his surgeons' heads,and went
    through a tunnel to a bright light.,Then.
    he heard voices of people he knew , who had died. Finally. he felt surrounded by
    incredible bright colors and beauty, and
    felt a female Mother Earth sensation of
    hearing a voice ask, "Are you ready?".
    He snapped into an awareness of his
    physical surroundings,knew he wasn't
    eager to transition, and felt a peace he
    never knew. He is the calmest person I
    know, and I go to him whenever I feel
    angry, sad, lonely, and missing Linda.
    Ms. Hum once posed the question to the
    Grief Warriors if we believe in an afterlife.
    Many of us do. My dear friend, DEB, though enjoying her new life with her
    dog companion, feels strongly that her
    spirit will be reunited with Bob's someday.
    But, as an 80 year old widow, founder of
    a widowed persons support group, jokingly
    said, "I'm in no rush......". Lou

4. Deborah A.

Deborah A. Well-Known Member

Robin and Kat and everyone—

It’s amazing how much trauma can come from losing our soulmates and the life we shared with them. When Steve came home from the hospital, and was in hospice, it felt like the moments were excruciatingly long for him and his pain, and yet all too brief before he drew his last breath. It is painful to remember, but telling your story is part of the healing process. Keep sharing and we’ll keep sharing love and support. ❤️

Gary166, DEB321, Van Gogh and 2 others like this.
  5. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh Lou, these last couple of days were like nothing I’ve experienced before. I foolishly went out Friday evening to get supplies to make soup. That was foolish of me. At one point I had 0° with the wind chill at -18. Glad that’s gone and more normal temps in 40’s. I’m a firm believer that Ron and I will reunite one day and everything will feel right in our world once again. Thank you for sharing your friends near death experience. I’ve watched many pod casts of people who have experienced near death experiences. They’re all very similar to what your friend experienced. I am going through what is making me feel like I’m going backwards. I know I’ll get past it. And everyone on GIC helps me through.
    Robin or Summer :)

6. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you Deborah, There’s nothing in life that can prepare us for the excruciating pain that we each feel from losing our soul mates. And people in our lives don’t realize we desperately need to talk about our loss, to remember special times and need them to share their memories. People avoid those conversations and that’s the conversations we need most. Robin

7. Kat11

Kat11 Member

Thank you so much for your support BGreene. I am so sorry for the loss of your wife as well. I will try to check out the chat group some morning. I think that would be helpful for me. Thanks for telling me about it. Wishing you peace too.

Gary166, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  8. Kat11

Kat11 Member

Thank you Sweetcole. Your words are encouraging. I am really hoping time does become my ally now. It has felt more like a merciless bully up to this point. Taking it one day at a time is sage advice. Sometimes I have to break it down to just 1 hour at a time. It does feel good to have people who are further down the road than I am to converse with. Thanks for reaching out.

Gary166, DEB321, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  9. Kat11

Kat11 Member

Thanks for the good advice eyepilot13. Being kind and gentle to ourselves is so important. I am so sorry for your loss of Valerie. I feel the same way you do. CJ was my very best friend and soulmate. After 3 decades of sharing our lives together I just can't find words to express how hard this is. Thank you for reaching out. It is very helpful.

Gary166, DEB321, eyepilot13 and 2 others like this.
  10. Kat11

Kat11 Member

Rose, thank you so much for reaching out. I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. I really resonated with what you said. I love thinking of CJ and I as a "fusion." I absolutely believe that we are forever connected and our love lives on forever. I do feel her with me.
    I also agree that it is a crucial part of the grieving process to share your pain and feelings with others who are going through the same process. I feel like I'm ready to do that now. I appreciate your comforting words. Kat

11. Kat11

Kat11 Member

Hi Deborah, thanks for reaching out and encouraging me to share my story. I am ready to do that now, as painful as it is. I am so sorry for your loss of Steve. It is traumatizing to suffer the loss of a soulmate. So shocking. So hard to know how to move through the world without them being with us physically. I do feel CJ with me on a spiritual level and I hang on to that. I think getting support here will really help me on my healing journey.. Really appreciate all of you. Kat

Gary166, DEB321, eyepilot13 and 3 others like this.
  12. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Glad to be there for you. Take care. There will be some better daze.

13. Van Gogh

Bro George, it is so good to see you on here
    this morning, giving comfort to our newest
    member, Kat. I woke up crying, as I usually do, for my sweet wife, Linda. Like Robin,
    whose husband, Ron, died about the same
    time as Linda, over 4 years ago, it's
    sometimes better and sometimes worse
    today than it was 2 years ago. I stopped
    drinking then , bc I was rapidly going into a downhill spiral of depression. Lately,
    when out with friends, at a bar with live
    entertainment, I've been tempted to start
    drinking again. But, the words of my
    former grief counselor suggesting I stop,
    for my physical, mental, & emotional
    well being , have held me in check. Now, I
    try ( your good word--TRY) to get lost in
    music, as you do with your art. Bro Lou

14. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Lou I know each of us goes through ups and downs on our own time with our own fires that ignite those feelings. I don’t want you feeling how I’m feeling right now but since our losses were pretty much at the same time, hearing that your feeling this extra woe is me like I am right now. I’m sorry but as we say, misery loves company. Hope this passes for each of us fast. I think as we get closer to spring things will feel better. For me, I shut down. For you it could be drinking again. I’m glad you’re successfully fighting that urge. Music is so much better for your soul. Take care Lou.
    Summer.

15. Van Gogh

Thank you so much, Summer. I needed
    to hear your empathetic, likeminded
    take on things at this point in our
    grief journey. I have hope, bc it is 40s,
    sunny, and I can hear birds chirping
    outside my window---- an early sign of
    spring to come. Lobsterman Lou

16. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Hey there Lousterino, woke up kranky today which is melding into pissed-off! TB is sick again and of course I bought his sushi with the disgusting and hateful brown rice. He's as fussy as his mother at times. I try but often F up! I wish I could get lost in art! Hope I do better. Thanks for letting me vent! Take care LobsterBro!

Gary166, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  17. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Lou, I have 40’s too. After last weekend this feels toasty warm. It might hit 50 today. Seems crazy. But loving it. Teddy will get to play outside. I have birds chirping and to. I have all winter though. They love the seed I put out in Ron birds feeder. Iris singing is a good feel for sure. Hoping for others to get a break from the winter. Robin

18. Van Gogh

Bro Lombardo, you can vent whenever
    you want. Our creepy grief journey involves being pissed off, or sad, or even
    happy, once in a while. We're on a ride
    in Bro Gar's "twisted amusement park". L

19. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

20. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member