*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

He’s never going to hold me again

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by MJL, Feb 11, 2022.

1. MJL

MJL Member

I miss him so much. So much. He’s been gone since last Wednesday. It feels like forever.

2. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

Now I know how you are going in this trip of widowhood, days and nights are so long, I miss my beloved husband he is gone 21 days ago and it seems like an eternity. I'm sure we need to grief, cry and remember them that we have had wonderful times and also bad ones, but they always will be with us the rest of our lives.

Countess Joy and Patti 61 like this.
  3. MJL

MJL Member

Evenings and weekends are the hardest.

4. MJL

MJL Member

It helps to be understood.

5. Helena Beatriz

I know how you feel! I'm all alone too, we didn't have children and my relatives are overseas and in other US States. The only company I have is my 16 year old small dog and cat. Yes it is very lonely!! Also the nighs and weekends are very long...but try to take care of yourself, you still here. If you need to talk, I will answer you on this site. I'm so glad that we found GIC. I'm sending you lots of hugs.

6. MJL

MJL Member

Thank you, Helena. I am grateful to have people surrounding me as I don’t have family near by. I don’t have children,, also. My FIL and SIL have been wonderful, but they live 2.5 hours away.
    I am here for you, too.

7. Helena Beatriz

I'm so glad for GIC so we can relate one another. Relatives don't understand our grieving, its a psunami of feelings for our loss, its something that I can't not express to my sisters over the phone.
    My Geoff pass away after a long illness, I took care of him 24/7 for 2 years, but I never was prepared to be a widow, he left me alone I can't help crying a lot and feel so lonely! I try to keep busy and during that time my mind its distracted but not for long.
    I'm not hungry, I'm making an effort to eat because I'm still here, I could get sick have to take care of myself.
    My older sister and her husband are planning to visit me sometime in March, at least I will have some consolaton.
    Can I ask you what was your partners name?
    Hope time will tell for us to move forward, sending you love and many hugs.

8. MJL

MJL Member

His name is Lee. He was 53. So young, but he had several heart attacks and had a pacemaker, too. His birthday is in March. We will have a Celebration of Life for him that day. Our 20th anniversary would have been in May. We had started talking about what to do to celebrate it.

9. Helena Beatriz

Loss is painfull, pain can be inmense with the loss of your Ted, so young, but you did have almost twenty years with him. Celebrate his Life on his Birthday, let your tears flow, cry, crying is good, I do everytime I think about him, we are in this together. Grief can be terrible lonely, be kind to yourself.
    Last Dec 24 we were married 50 years, no celebration, no parties, my love of my live was very ill. Jan 23 he passed away peacefully, he left me alone after half a Century together.
    Now we have to grief, cry, be angry, let your feelings flow, but be gentle to ourselves and celebrate their lives.

10. MJL

MJL Member

:( Thank you, Helena.

11. Debra M

Debra M Well-Known Member

12. Debra M

I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. I lost my husband last Friday, and it is the worst feeling on the world! I feel like my heart is broken and that my life will never be complete again! I have two daughters, one is 17 and the other is 14.

13. Helena Beatriz

How are you doing today? It's another day withough our partners, we are grieving and nobody knows our sorrow, but lets try to find confort one another. I'm sending you a big hug and peace.

14. MJL

MJL Member

Thank you, Debra. Lee and I had no kids. It was just him and me.
    It is hard today. Starting to plan the
    Celebration of Life and getting the ashes put in to the urns on Friday. How am I even making it day to day?!

15. Debra M

You're so welcome, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I ask myself the sane question...How an I even making it day to day?! Please feel free to reach out to me anytime... Debra