*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Has your faith and prayers diminished?

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by cjpines, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Onesimus

Onesimus Member

I love how you simply put it: "Am I being tested? If so, I don't like it." That's how God wants us to talk to Him. A lot of the psalms are laments where the writer pours out their heart to God but then usually comes back to praising Him for one of His attributes. I don't like this journey I'm on, either, but one foot in front of the other. Peace.

2. SusanMc8

SusanMc8 Well-Known Member

3. SusanMc8

SusanMc8 Well-Known Member

I am trying to learn to live with losing my husband of 56 years suddenly 4 months ago. It is so hard and it doesn’t seem to be getting better, actually sometimes it hurts more. You said “Be open to signs from him”. I don’t want to sound like a nut but something or someone is messing with the light in my fan above my bed. And it always seems to happen when I am crying out for him - am I crazy?

4. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

No you’re not crazy. Your husband stays with you and will always be in your heart. And I’m guessing he’s giving you signs by your fan light acting strange could very well be your husband. One of my early signs from Ron was with my bathroom light, flickering and flashing. I’ve smelled his deodorant. He told me where my lost credit card was. Your husband is visiting you.
    And remember that 4 months is a short time in comparison to 56 years of marriage. Your love grew everyday for 56 years, losing him loses the life you’re used to. Take care of yourself

cjpines likes this.
  5. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Part of my difficulty was just having to be around people-watch them living their everyday lives just like they always had, when my world had fallen apart. We are not the same people we were before the tragedy and some people have a hard time understanding why the grieving is so deep and why it is taking so long. But God doesn't-I am sure He suffered much grief from what people did to Jesus. The scriptures tell us he bore our grief and carried our sorrows. God is there to help us through such painful, devastating times and I knew He was the only one who could help me-and He did. It took me an awfully long time, but God brought me through it when I thought there was no way I could go on. God never intended for us to be separated from the one we love so much. It was mankind's choice in the Garden of Eden to follow their own thinking instead of obeying God's way and that is why we are suffering the pains of death now. God intended for us to live forever and never be separated from someone we love, but the choice was made by mankind in the beginning and now we are suffering the consequences.

SusanMc8 likes this.