*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Grief quotes of the day

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

2. Helena Beatriz

3. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Helena,

LOVE!!! this... Thanks for sharing...

As always, sending you Sami and Yogi, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

P.S. I did it!!! I think I finally have your fur babies names embedded (? not exactly the word I want to use, but foggy widow brain SUCKS!!!) in this foggy widow brain, lol!!!

4. Helena Beatriz

5. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

So true.
    Thank you Helena.

6. Helena Beatriz

Dear Deb, thanks for your kind words and how you can put your thoughts in paper sending me for a moment to your boat with Bob, your young children and the cuttest furry baby, you and your family that I have never met, you managed to paint a picture with words!!, thank you for sharing...I always appreciate your words, you're a truly friend! Sending you peace, joy and peace. Helena

Gary166, DEB321 and Rose69 like this.
  7. Helena Beatriz

8. Helena Beatriz

9. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

That's perfect Helena. "Paint a picture with words". Deb certainly does that. It's like we are there with her.

Patti 61, Helena Beatriz and DEB321 like this.
  10. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Karen,

Thank you for saying this. My artistic talent begins and ends with stick figures, Snoopy heads (from the Peanuts cartoons), and daisies (think Flower Power), lol!!! I'm still having trouble expressing my thoughts in writing, but it makes me feel better knowing you, Helena, and others, "get" what I'm trying to say. I always loved to write, until Bob died.

I've been keeping you close in my thoughts and saying extra prayers for you. I can't even begin to imagine how heartbreaking it is..., how lonely you must be feeling..., not having Rambo, your constant companion by your side... I'm teary eyed just thinking about this... It SUCKS!!!

I know I sound like a broken record, but please continue to take the very best care of yourself you possibly can.

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

11. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Helena,

I feel the same exact way about you!!!, TUTTAM!!!

I hope you're having at least a couple of LMSO moments today...

As always, sending you, Sami and Fergi (? I think I might have spoken too soon yesterday, lol Foggy widow brain SUCKS!!!), lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace all of us peace. DEB

Gary166 likes this.
  12. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

P.S. I got it!!! Yogi!!!, NOT!!! Fergi!!! Guess a few of those cobwebs have been dusted out of my foggy widow brain, lol...

Gary166 and Helena Beatriz like this.
  13. Helena Beatriz

Cobwebs, lol

14. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Hello Karen. I’m sorry to hear you lost Rambo and I immediately thought of the rainbow bridge. And imagined Rambo sitting on Jack’s lap being petted. It was my turn in the MIA Barrel. I must have got lost some where down the line. It’s hard to describe. I was in Mr Grief’s Amusement Park but I wasn’t on the crazy train. It was more like ground control to Major Tom. I felt myself drifting away almost feeling comfortable isolating. I was reading training materials regarding withdrawal and isolation of family members of patients after losing their beloved and I realized that it was happening to me. It wasn’t sad or painful but it was like being in a 10 day stupor while going a little deeper into my cave every day. My wake up call came last night reading “if you’re lonely finding your way” by Wolfelt. I took the aloneness test and have moderate to severe aloneness. Aloneness is fatal too. It even reduces cellular functions. I’m cut off from 90% of friends and family now. Most of the volunteer training will be completed this Thursday. To be honest I need them more than they need me. The patients, their families, and fellow volunteers are hopefully going to be my new friends. The average volunteer does only 6 hours of visiting per month. I’m glad I made it back home again to GIC. My spiritual Godmother has lifted me up and encouraged me to push back on the darkness with good memories and positive thoughts. Stay outside with nature and tend Cheryl’s flowers she said. Take care. Gary

15. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Gary, you are a very "wise" person. K

DEB321, Gary166 and Helena Beatriz like this.
  16. Helena Beatriz

Three quotes from Jaggi Vasudev

"The most beautiful moments in life are moments when you are expressing your joy, not when you are seeking it"

"Comfort will never come to one who does not touch the stilness with himself"

" Most of your desires are not really about yourself. You just picked them up from your surroundings "

17. Helena Beatriz

Gary, perhaps this piece helps!
    IMG_20220523_201604_kindlephoto-1649486498.jpg IMG_20220523_201854_kindlephoto-1649382809.jpg

DEB321 and Gary166 like this.
  18. Helena Beatriz

19. Helena Beatriz

Today I noticed that I started enjoying my own company. This morning I was thinking, if I let my pain takes over my life and let Mr. G ruins my days day after day knocks at my door when I didn't invite this intruder (Rose's statement) knowing that grieving it's too recent, I'm healing!! I have to take care of myself and pay attention otherwise my days will be always dark gray, full of sorrow, as I spend day after day on my own, not even a phone call I say, PAY ATTENTION HELENA...pay attention to my thoughts, the way my body is hurting, noticing the emotions trapped below my ribcage, noticing the feelings I didn't want to feel BUT if I don't pay attention I'll die of loneliness.
    When we pay attention, it might mean being more present to what hurts....BUT that might be the only way I can eventually return to healing, again and again. When I pay attention, it might mean being more aware of my loneliness....BUT that might be the only way I can live fully and wholly.
    When I pay attention means I'm more attuned to grief.... but that might be the only way I can also honor and attune to joy, I'm more connected to pain....to enjoy to be with myself, having the chance to respond from the present moment, it means being willing to confront the reality of my life, opening to honoring what's working and changing what isn't, staying curious and unassuming, noticing when something is different and noticing when it's NOT RIGHT.. Be with myself, being alive, even when it hurts. Grieving SUCKS!!!. I should forgive myself when pain pulls me away again. This attention connects me with TGW and always reach for my friends here.
    Sending my love, joy and peace. Helena

DEB321, Rose69, Patti 61 and 2 others like this.
  20. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Helena you are really aware of what this grief journey is about. And you are not afraid of the pain. I’m proud to stand with you and the other warriors always. I’m going to pull some weeds now and try to wake up. Thank you. Gary

DEB321, Rose69 and Patti 61 like this.