*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Grief quotes of the day

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

Good Evening Warriors, Hope you did have a peaceful day!

Attached Files:

2. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Helena, that's so peaceful and yes I'm having, here in Calif, a peaceful afternoon. Thank you, Karen

Helena Beatriz likes this.
  3. Helena Beatriz

I noticed there isn't any GW here, meaning we are having a peaceful weekend!, so we managed kicking the horrid Mr Grief at least for now...?

4. Helena Beatriz

I agree with George, very impressive Gary!, it takes a special person for voluntary hospice work who is an empath like yourself!!!
    Looks like you have a lot of planting to do, it is a good feeling to be in nature. I always feel much better when I walk or just sit outside with the good memories and trying to be positive...after all life continues...I'm still here!
    The other night I woke up with a nightmare that stops me functioning for the rest of the day - for the first time Geoff came to my dreams, he walked away into the abysm, I scream he died again it was like I was going back again, this can't be happing.... I suppose to move forward not seeing him died again. (I can't control my dreams). I know grieving its complicated. I can't torture myself with this pain, I know my brain originates this intense feeling, I will try strongly that this wont happen again.
    I decided to continue with long walks, mindless meditation and some yoga, exercise, reading, being creative, drawing, writing and so many things to keep me physically and mentally healthy.
    I mentioned about the power of the brain, (each individual is unique) I managed to stop my tachycardia so works for me.
    the books that I have read 'Conquest of Mind - Eknath Eastwaran'. 'The Brain Way of Healing - Norman Doige' and 'Mind over Medicine and Sacred Medicine sequel (the placebo effect) - Lissa Rankin M.D. (I have read only the first two books)
    I'm not familiar with forsythia, must be strong and not a meal dear, we planted some type of hedge that it was a yummy meal for them, we had to put a fence to deter them coming for desert.
    For now, I will make my last cup of Chamomile tea, watch some documentary or some comedy to make me smile. Good Night and sweet dreams.

Gary166 likes this.
  5. Helena Beatriz

6. cjpines

DEB321 likes this.
  7. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Helena,

TUTTAM!!! It SUCKS!!!

Sending you and your adorable fur babies, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

8. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Karen,

It feels like ages since I've "talked" to you... I've been MIA for awhile and I'm positive I've missed lots of posts, so I hope in general, you're doing okay, are winning some of those daily multiple battles with Mr. Grief... It SUCKS!!!

All we can do is "to keep on keeping (to quote Gary again)..." Hope you have at least one reason to LMSO today, but hopefully many more...

As always, sending you and Rambo lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

9. cjpines

Hi Deb, I've been in and out here with just my little one or two liners. Not much to talk about. That is so sad about your friend's sister losing two sons. I truly hope she comes out of her complicated grief and can see some light soon. Would she be into joining us here? It seems she's been grieving for a very long time and it's affecting her life, I can see how it would if we suppress our griefing.
    A family member lost her husband many years back. She suppressed her grief for 6 months saying, I can do this, I'm strong, I'll keep busy, I can get through this. After 6 months she went to the doctor not feeling well. It was determined her illness was due to suppression. Took many months to recover. After Jack died she told me "never", "never" hold back your grieving, let it run its course or you will regret it just as I have.
    Just a first hand testimony I always think about when I want to suppress Mr. Grief.

We all go MIA, that's part of our journey. I think we're all trying to reach some kind of "normalcy" in our lives.

Deb your posting are such a help to everyone here. Looking forward to seeing your fur baby when you are ready. Lot's of hugs coming your way. And as you say, "we will get through this together". Karen

And lots of hugs coming to all GW's.

Gary166 and DEB321 like this.
  10. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Gary,

Although I miss you, and I'm positive I can speak for everyone when I say all of us miss you, I'm glad you've been taking a much needed break from GIC. I'll never forget how much you helped me when you let me know it's okay to step away every once and awhile. We need to put ourselves first, or else we're not going to be able to help anyone else.

I smiled big time when I read you've already competed four out of twelve hours of volunteer training. You're going to be an over the top amazing hospice volunteer, one of the very best!!!, TUTTAM!!! I give you so much credit for being able to do this... It's got to be one of the very hardest, but at the same time, most rewarding positions there is... I'm not strong enough to do this (yet).

However, it's almost time to adopt another "fur baby." I'm waiting until the fall, I want a free flow (to quote Lou) kind of summer, without having to take care of another being. Once the summer is over, I'm going to visit animal shelters and begin my search. I can't just bring home the first dog that melts my heart, because I want my next fur baby, to have the right "personality," so he/she can become a therapy dog. This has been on my bucket list for such a long time.

I LOVE!!! the picture of Cheryl's flower garden.... Thanks for sharing... Thanks for the smiles...

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Gary166 likes this.
  11. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Gary,
    There’s a book “Awake at the bedside” that was helpful for me.
    If it’s not on your reading list from hospice I would recommend it, I think it’d be a good fit for you.
    There is also a series of booklets by Barbara Karnes that are super pragmatic and kinda take the scary out of the physical transitions one makes along the way in a predicted death. Kenn and I read them together, even shared them with his hospice team who hadn’t seen them.
    Blessings on your adventure.
    Hospice volunteers are great allies.
    ~B

Gary166 likes this.
  12. Helena Beatriz

13. Helena Beatriz

14. Helena Beatriz

15. Helena Beatriz

Today "I am an optimist...I choose to be. There is a lot of darkness in our world, there is a lot of pain and I choose to see that or my choice to see the joy. If I try to respond positively to the world, I will spend my time better".

Gary166, Rose69 and cjpines like this.
  16. Countess Joy

cjpines likes this.
  17. cjpines

I was driving from the post office through my beautiful area enjoying the lush pines, douglas firs and nobles, sun shining my thoughts drifted to everyone here who have shared the positive things you have done in your daily lives, your quotes, poems, sunshine, seashore, gardening, art, fur babies, and so much more. I just felt peace knowing we all are trying our darndest to find some normalcy and peace.

So, I just wanted to share how peaceful you all have made me this day. By-the-way, Mr. Grief was asleep while I was driving.

On that note: Onward soldiers. Karen

Gary166, DEB321, CPW and 2 others like this.
  18. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

What a lovely post Karen, thank you for letting me smile, something I hardly ever do now. You've given me a good start to my day, especially since I woke up so early yet again (5am). My mind just doesn’t like sleeping anymore.

Gary166 and DEB321 like this.
  19. CPW

CPW Member

Two from David Kessler:
    "The grief doesn't end because the love doesn't end."
    "Grief is a no-judgment zone."

Gary166, Rose69, DEB321 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Countess Joy