*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Grief quotes of the day

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

I agree Robin. that was Ron‘s energy field setting off the solar lights in the gazebo. A couple weeks ago I was crossing the frozen lake and I saw two snow devils about 2 football fields away. One started to come towards me and went right through where I was standing. I opened my arms to huge Cheryl and felt the mist of snow on my face was like a kiss from her. Cheryl likes bluejays and I found a bluejay feather last week entering a nature preserve. When Tom Zuba says we feel their presence they are right here right now. I’m glad you’re seeing spring coming in your yard. Gary

Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Gary I love that you saw two snow devils and experienced and felt one come right towards you. Cheryl is with you and letting you know. In multiple ways. Some messages are so subtle, but we’re picking up on them. I know a lot of people find coins and I do too. But I keep finding the stud part of a snap in our bedroom. We used snaps on many things in our business. But I don’t have any in my bedroom. I find them on the floor on a regular basis. It’s late, going to try to rest, it’s late and I’m tired. Robin

3. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

“Weeds” are just plants in the wrong place. Enjoy them!

4. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

Rita, thanks for your suggestion I have never read anything from this author, I will look for her work.

I know that poetry or quotes it's not in everybodys taste. If some of TGW want to add their own quotes I will enjoyed reading them!! they don't need to agree or reply it. We are here to support each other the name tell us WIC, so we can share our feelings with quotes, poetry or LMSO like Lou says. This site keeps me going... I have read most of the threads from this site and feel that every one of us grief our own way, it's individual, it's your own grief, no judgements. Here I have a grieving family from different parts of US and the world, it is so nice to at least receive the virtual hugs and wishes of peace and joy from the TGW of WIC.

5. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Thank you, Helena, for giving me credit
    for LMSO. If I remember correctly, that
    came out of a typo, & means " Laugh my
    SAD off", instead of the cruder "ASS off .
    My clever brother, Gary, a true
    wordsmith, adopted it, ran with it,and
    now it's part of TGW history. I find that
    some of the best things that happen to
    me, are by accident. Since I had
    cataract surgery, & was extremely
    nearsighted, ( & needed glasses), I now
    have perfect vision. It is a miracle, bc I
    see things much clearer around me. I
    thank God every day, for improvements
    in my life, like this. Tom Zuba, who was
    suicidal, after the unspeakable horror
    of the deaths of his baby girl, wife, & one
    of his sons ( in that order), later realized
    that he needed to raise his remaining 2
    sons.He wrote Permission to Mourn,
    which I recommended to our group. Tom
    said he was grateful, ( to be alive, raise
    his sons,& to help others with grieving).
    Lou

Dreary and Helena Beatriz like this.
  6. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Helena,

This is so beautiful... Thank you so very much for sharing!!!

As always, sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Dreary and Van Gogh like this.
  7. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Gary,

I'm so glad that as of two months ago, you can finally listen to the radio. I'm still unable to listen to music... In two days, it'll be the eleventh month anniversary of Bob's death. I'm looking forward to the day when I can listen to music again. Living in a world without music SUCKS!!! BIG!!! TIME!!! I'm thinking, "baby steps..."

On a much more positive note, just recently I started to get back into cooking. All those micro dinners, tearing open bagged salads, tossing them in a bowl, finally got to me, to the point where I knew I needed to cook my own meals again. Since I started cooking for myself, I feel so much better physically and I think it's helped me a little emotionally too. Last night I made pan seared salmon, roasted baby potatoes and asparagus, and a salad with lots of fresh veggies. Bob loved salmon... Thinking about how much Bob would have enjoyed this meal, with the exception of the asparagus (he HATED!!! asparagus, TU!!!) had me in tears... The empty chair at the table where Bob should be..., Mr Grief hit me full force.

I thought about how happy Bob would be knowing I'm finally starting to take better care of myself... Making healthier meals rather than just zapping something, bringing it into the living room, mindlessly watching TV..., without enjoying my food... Needing the TV for distraction, to keep me from having to deal with the horrible..., almost unbearable reality... Bob is NEVER!!! coming home!!! I was eating to survive, instead of eating for nourishment and pleasure. Food should be one of those things that makes us feel good, both physically and emotionally. I thought about this. I did my best to enjoy my dinner. The salmon really was good. I thought about how lucky I am that I have a roof over my head, and am able to buy the foods I love most. I am grateful to God each and every day. I know my situation could be so much worse!!!, TUTTAM!!! Starting to get off subject, so stopping now, before I really get going, maybe outlasting that Energizer Bunny, lol...

You are SO!!! right... "happy/sad is our new normal." All of life is so bittersweet... It SUCKS!!!

I hope today you have more reasons to LMSO, than to cry...

Helena Beatriz and Van Gogh like this.
  8. Van Gogh

Deb, I a

9. Van Gogh

Deb, I agree with every word. When I was
    in the hospital, I had lost interest in food
    ( turned out I had COVID). I was put on an
    IV for hydration & nourishment. When I
    felt stronger, I finally became hungry
    again, & asked for a tray of a hot meal
    from the cafeteria. The plain chicken,
    potato, & veggies, was delicious, and I
    was very grateful to the dietary staff,
    who brought the food to my room. When
    I came home, a VNA nurse made sure I
    stayed hydrated with grapes, popsicles
    ( all fruit, varied flavors) , & watermelon,
    in addition to my usual oranges and
    orange juice. I enjoyed hearty breakfasts
    at my local restaurants, where I was
    greeted warmly by both owners & patrons.
    At dinner, though I didn't cook like you
    did, I put tasty frozen meals in the oven,
    & sat at the table. I thank God every day,
    like you, for good food on the table,&
    a roof over my head. Beyond that, I thank
    God for friends, on & off GIC. Lou

DEB321, Dreary and Helena Beatriz like this.
  10. Dreary

Dreary Well-Known Member

My quote of the day:

There is uncertainty in hope, but even with its tenuous nature, it summons our strength and pulls us through fear and grief - and even death. — Priscille Sibley

NaSam, Countess Joy, Van Gogh and 2 others like this.
  11. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

Another quote:
    "Grief opens a place in our hearts that we never could hurt so profundly, but also opens this same place to a love we never imagined possible" - Unknown

Dreary, Van Gogh and DEB321 like this.
  12. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Lou,

I'm so relieved!!!, so glad!!! you are finally healthy again!!!, TUTTAM!!! (Sorry!!! I had to add the additional letters for emphasis, to spice things up a bit.) Like you, I thank God for my friends... I have no idea how I would ever be able to move forward without friends...

Thank you for always being here for me. You have helped me more than you'll ever know... I'll never be able to thank you enough for sharing your story with us, all those miserable memories that I'm positive were so hard for you to share... By telling your story, you helped me realize that I can do this!!!, I CAN AND WILL continue to heal... Like George, you have had so many more obstacles in your way than I have, but and this is another one of those really BIG BUTS!!!, you managed to dust yourself off, pick yourself up, and now, three years later, have managed to rebuild your life, and find happiness... However, like it is for all of us, laced with sadness, so bittersweet. It SUCKS!!!

I hope today you're having many more reasons to LMSO than to cry...

Sending you lots of hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

13. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Helena,

I'm so glad!!!, TUTTAM!!!, you have become part of TGW, our virtual "family..." Although I don't have a quote to share yet, I LOVE!!! this thread!!! Once again, thank you so much for starting it!!!, TUTTAM!!!

Dreary, Van Gogh and Helena Beatriz like this.
  14. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Bernadine,

Thanks for the LMSO moment!!!

Hope Maggie managed to stay out of the mud today...

As always, sending you and Maggie hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

15. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Robin,

I haven't had a chance to "talk" to you yet. As usual, I'm not reading messages in the right order, so will have to keep reading to make sure I haven't missed anything that you've recently written. Just want you to know, it's so good to "see" you again, TUTTAM!!! (Just in case you missed it, total understatement to the absolute max, my new spicier version, but sadly, it's grown way past stale already.)

The last time I went for a walk, a yellow butterfly, one of the first ones I've seen this season, flew very close to me, then flew right over the top of my head... I followed it as it climbed higher and higher into the sky..., until it disappeared from sight. I felt a peaceful feeling wash over me. I like to think this was a sign from Bob...

I believe with all my heart that those snaps are signs from Ron. There is NO!!! way you would be finding them on the floor on a regular basis otherwise... Ron is always watching over you..., just as Bob is always watching over me.... I talk to Bob all the time, as though he was with me physically with me. It is comforting knowing Bob is always watching over me, but at the same time, so very bittersweet!!!, TUTTAM!!!, as all of life is now for all of us.

I have some things I want to accomplish before the end of the day, so stopping here (for now).

As always, sending you and Teddy lots of hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

16. Dreary

Dreary Well-Known Member

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love."

Washington Irving

17. Dreary

Dreary Well-Known Member

It is amazing to think we may actually get signs to try to tell us that our loved wones are with us. A few days ago I stepped outside for a few minutes to take out the trash, when I turned around and looked up at the sky. At that moment two jets were flying high above my home leaving a contrails - one went straight up and the other came across the middle of the straight one heading toward the west and formed a cross as I looked on. I have never seen that happen before. It was like I received a sign saying that my love was ok. I stood there for a few minutes watching the contrails dissipate. Coincidence maybe, a sign to help me maybe? All I know is, it was beautiful!

Van Gogh, Helena Beatriz and DEB321 like this.
  18. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Rita,

Thank you so much for sharing... This is so very beautiful...

As always, sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. Debi

19. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Rita,

I believe that everything happens for a reason even if we don't know what that reason is. I don't believe in coincidences. I believe that cross was a sign telling you your husband is okay... To paraphrase something Tom Zuba said in one of his books, I forgot which one (I'll blame it on this foggy widow brain thing), it doesn't matter whether or not the sign, is truly a sign from our loved ones, what matters... is whether or not we choose to believe it is a sign. I believe with all my heart, that your husband, Bob, all of our GIC family's one true love of their lives, are watching over us... Our loved ones, although not with us physically, will always hold the very biggest place in our hearts... They helped turn us into the people who we are today... Our loved ones are a part of us..., now..., and for eternity...

Whenever I get a sign from Bob, a feeling of calm..., peacefulness..., washes over me. For that one moment, all is right in the world. Having said this, while it is over the top comforting knowing our loved ones are watching over us, it is over the top sad at the same time, so very bittersweet. Our loved ones should be here on this earth with us... I need a tissue...

Backing up just a bit, I hope seeing that cross in the sky... made you feel, like I always do after receiving a sign from Bob, that all is right in the world..., even if the feeling is fleeting.

Sending you lots of hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Dreary, Helena Beatriz and Van Gogh like this.
  20. Van Gogh

Deb, as usual, I don't have much to add
    to your beautifully moving words,
    except that a sign from Linda, makes me
    smile now, whereas it used to make me
    sob. She would rather I smiled. Lou

DEB321 likes this.