*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Grief quotes of the day

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Helena Beatriz, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

I would like to share a daily quote that I found in different readings and I though it is a good idea! I hope the GW like them too. Helena
    "Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love. It can't take our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death"

lbrearey09, CipSap55, NaSam and 10 others like this.
  2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Helena, Thank you so much for sharing this quote. It’s beautiful and so accurate. Death can’t stop or take our love away. That’s so true, or our wonderful memories. We all need to keep these thoughts with us.
    Thank you, Robin

3. Dreary

Dreary Well-Known Member

This is a wonderful beautiful quote, thank you Helena for sharing. Rita

4. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Robin I had thought about you 3-4 times each day for the last 3 days. I’m relieved to see your post. Gary

DEB321, Van Gogh and Patti 61 like this.
  5. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Rita hearing the story of your loss takes us all back to when our grief was new and we were devastated. In Permission to Mourn Tom Zuba has a chapter that says “hang on” a lot. We have to hang on. I remember trying to find every resource I could to help me. The thought kept running through my head constantly “I don’t know if I can keep going”. But some how we all have. I hope you’ve noticed the article “6 Needs of Reconciliation of the Mourner” in some of the earlier posts. It talks about how we really think we are going crazy. I did. At the 3 month mark from losing Cheryl I went to my doctor because I was on the verge of losing it. The doctor said I was experiencing normal reactions from losing Cheryl And if I felt this way a year from now he would address it. I didn’t find GIC until 3 months later. Counseling and in person grief support meetings helped but there was a huge void in between. I counted them today and I have 3 very loyal friends Nick Matt and Gary B. my brother Mark and a niece Laura. That’s about a fourth of all the close friends and family I had prior to losing Cheryl. I really cherish all my friends on GIC. We are warriors. TGW. We get it. On a lighter note I was listening to the song “I’d like to get to know you” today. There is an instrumental that sounds like being in a dream and I love it. I tried to think of as many good memories of Cheryl as I could through the rest of the song. Happy/sad is our new normal. I wasn’t able to listen to the radio until 2 months ago. I just started watching tv again but I only watch the weather some news and cartoons on PBS. See how long this has taken me? Im very glad to see the enthusiasm and zest you have for your journey. You are a warrior. One of TGWs. Gary

Heyhoney, quietlady53, 1guy and 5 others like this.
  6. Helena Beatriz

Here is another quote:
    "Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life's search for love and wisdom" - Rumi

cjpines and Van Gogh like this.
  7. Helena Beatriz

A couple of Grief quotes:

"Grief is a form of love. It is the past - up love you can no longer give or share; and it is the loss of the love you can no longer receive".

"This confusing mix of sadness, anger, joy, and guilt is compleately normal after the death of a loved one. It even has a name: MR. GRIEF".

1guy, CipSap55 and Van Gogh like this.
  8. Dreary

Dreary Well-Known Member

Hi Gary, thank you so much for reaching out. I know how difficult the journey has been for those who have shared their stories here. Reading them has caused me much crying and sadness for myself and all those who have gone through such grief and loss. It has also helped me to open up and let some of my own feelings out. I no longer feel sooooooo alone in my sorrow. There are so many who are missing their loved ones as much as I miss mine. It gives me hope that we will all work through our most terrifying moments together, those moments when we think ALL is lost. I am happy beyond words for all the even tiny signs of renewal that many have shown here: a walk in nature, the conquering of a fear, watching TV, listening to music, reaching out to others, being able to remember the great times without devastation at no longer having them.......I am grateful for having found GIC (TGWs) and the wonderful people like you who in their loss are still able to reach out to us newer members. I consider it a blessing to have found all of you and it has helped already, more than you will ever know. I am so very sorry that you had to lose Cheryl, but we all know deep down that when we truly love, we never want the other to suffer because of us. She would want you to grieve, miss her. but move on and find every happiness you could in life. She would not want you grieving so long. See, I can come up with what I know our loved ones would want for us, but reaching that point is the hardest thing we ever have to do. I am so happy that you are able to listen to music and watch a bit of TV again. Keep moving forward Gary, Cheryl would want you to. You know that. I wish you a better day today, peace, calm and joy in even the very small things...I love Helena's quote above....I believe there is much more after this life than most think....keep the faith....till later, Rita

1guy, Gary166, cjpines and 3 others like this.
  9. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you Gary. I’ve been off a while, kind of needed a break. Plus I had a stomach virus then more migraines. But last week I was in Florida. Feb 27th was Rons birthday. My daughter and I decided to go and spend time with my son and we decided to go to Disney. It was difficult but I’m glad we went, I think. Ron loved taking us there and we have so many memories. We had a special dinner in his honor. I cried through the fire works show. I can hear Ron saying, to please enjoy life and not worry about him. He’ll greet me when it’s my time. And I believe he will. Gary, I got home on Friday. I have a gazebo in my yard that I have solar lights wrapped around the frame. One set stopped working shortly after I put it up last summer. That set was brightly lit Friday evening. I took it as a message from Ron. Welcoming me home.
    Thank you so much for thinking of me. It means more then you know. I read your post, I’m sorry I forget who it was to, but you told your story and each time I read your story of losing Cheryl I can’t believe how similar it is to my story. It’s like I wrote it. I can feel exactly how you felt because our loses are so the same.
    I hope you’re doing well. Robin

1guy, Countess Joy, Dreary and 2 others like this.
  10. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Robin, I was worried about you, when I
    hadn't seen your posts for quite a while.
    I'm sorry you were sick, but I'm glad you
    were able to visit Disneyworld, even
    though it was "happy, mixed with sad",
    as you once said. It was a brilliant
    comment. All of us GW feel that way a
    lot. A really good day for me, is when I
    feel the happy, laughing with friends
    ( who didn't know Linda), without the
    sad. Lou

1guy, Gary166 and Helena Beatriz like this.
  11. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you Lou, It feels nice to have GIC friends who care and have concern. I totally agree. A good day is laughs and smiles and fresh air. With the sad on the back burner. I did have some laughs with my children, new memories were made. But also quite a few tears. I just went through some of our pictures and they do bring a smile. And I did feel Rons presence.
    Anxiously awaiting spring weather. Pretty cold here today and very windy. Lost my electric for a short while last night. I need to enjoy and feel nature. I have daffodils, iris and tulips coming up. I see buds on trees, so it’s going to happen. Just not fast enough. Calling for ice/snow mix tomorrow. But not much thankfully. Take care, Robin.

Van Gogh likes this.
  12. Van Gogh

Robin, thought I was shut off GIC, like
    last Oct., during reboot. But, I didn't panic,
    & calmly found another way to get back
    on. Hope snow/ ice will be gone soon.
    Heard a rumor we might get some
    snow around St. Patrick's Day, but I think
    it's too early to tell. You seem to have bad
    luck about losing power. I hope that's it
    for the season. Went out to breakfast
    today. It's sunny, feels like 30s & windy,
    so I came home, in for the day. I'm
    having flashbacks of Linda , in better
    times, before she became ill, and I
    cried. As Deb says, grief SUCKS BIG
    TIME, and we have to plow through it.
    I'm grateful that I can vent to you, Robin,
    and to other GW who understand. I'm
    better when I'm outside, walking,on
    missions, rather than being inside, but it's
    too cold today. Lou

1guy, Gary166 and Dreary like this.
  13. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

I agree, getting out of the house is better and calming. Here in Calif it's like spring, but a little cold. We still need more rain. Lot's of sun every day which is what keeps me sane. I sit out on the deck about 3:30 in the sun and just soak it in remembering every afternoon Jack and I would sit outside until the sun starts to go down. It makes me sad to be alone. I find myself talking to him. Evenings are still so lonely. Like Deb said, "Still me". I'm having a hard time finding "me". I hope your weather and everyone in the mid and east get some spring real soon.

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  14. cjpines

Robin, I guess I'm behind. I didn't know you were sick. I'm glad you are well and had a nice time on your trip making new memories.

Van Gogh likes this.
  15. cjpines

Thank you for the quotes: Yes, confusing mix of all, sometimes at the same time. The more we loved the more we grieve. So in a way, Mr. Grief is the opposite of love, or an extension of love. Whatever, he has to be dealt with until he calms down. Today is one of my funk days so whatever I've said just discard. Always blessings, Karen

1guy, NaSam, Gary166 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Van Gogh

Karen,I choked up when you said, " I'm having a hard time finding me". I'm the
    same way, when I'm alone. People
    innocently ask, "where's your other
    half?". My "other half" is not with me
    physically, but will always be with me
    spiritually. Grief is accompanied by
    fatigue. Whether it's partly sunny,or
    cloudy , Mr. Grief will not wait, and
    makes me exhausted. About to take mid
    afternoon nap. Lou

cjpines, 1guy, NaSam and 3 others like this.
  17. cjpines

Lou, it's going to take some time to get your energy back from the covid, etc. I think I mentioned I'm anemic and taking iron pills. It's been 1 month and I'm feeling a little more energy, but the test this week will tell if I'm getting better. Do you think you may be anemic from the illness? Of course, I'm sure the doctor's tested for that.
    On another thought. I remember last year you were ready to meet someone in Boston, companion. I'm thinking positive thoughts that this year will be the year. Remember what Linda said. I won't quote here.

Van Gogh likes this.
  18. Ceee

Ceee Well-Known Member

Have been reading the quotes on here and find then very inspiring and comforting. HUGS to all here

19. cjpines

Yes, I find them very inspiring and comforting too. Maybe we should start a quote thread???? Karen

Helena Beatriz and Van Gogh like this.
  20. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

I can picture you sitting on your deck. And I really get the alone feeling. With all of the things I do outside; the garden, Maggie…. I find it uncomfortable to sit in the chairs in the corner of the porch where Kenn and I sit together. It’s a lonely place.

Gary166, Van Gogh and Dreary like this.