*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

GRIEF FOR A SPOUSE

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by NYCBASSIST55, Jun 30, 2023.

1. NYCBASSIST55

NYCBASSIST55 Active Member

This song was inspired by happy Christmases Colleen and I had. There were lots of animals around and sometimes we had a tough time with money but we got through. Colleen had a little joke she would always say, “Joe, we’re poor but proud!”.

I was playing a series of chords on the piano and the song basically wrote itself. It’s like Colleen wrote it with me.

I hope people in this group like it. It’s all about what we went thru so people know. I want the song to speak for us.

The vocals were done by Allegra Katz and I did the instrumentals and some singing.

2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing, your song is beautiful and brought me to tears. I miss our beautiful days together doing everyday things as much as I miss those special christmases and all holidays. Beautiful tribute. I believe it’s been a while since you’ve been on GIC. Nice to see you Robin

Patti 67 and Rose69 like this.
  3. Deejay212

Deejay212 Member

Unfortunately the video is unavailable for me to view

4. NYCBASSIST55

This Christmas I found a 25 year old recording of an instrumental track of a song we wrote. My late wife, Colleen, played a beautiful flute solo at the beginning of the song. It moved me to write lyrics expressing how I felt now- that she was still a part of my life in a very real way. Brandon Phillips, a talented senior at Stuyvesant High School on NYC, added his voice and he did a wonderful job.

I hope you like this song.

https://youtu.be/yRqHOmGaw7o?si=WtY_WUK87P69I9yV

MICHAEL2023, Rose69 and Patti 67 like this.
  5. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

I absolutely love it! You have created a beautiful dedication, those words are exactly the words I repeat to myself over and over again, from the moment I wake up until the moment I eventually fall asleep at night. I find strength to go on from the fact that I will always feel my husband by my side wherever I am, whatever I'm doing. I find that expressing myself through music is a real mind-soother.
    Your wife played the flute beautifully in this piece, you both composed a great, emotional track together and the vocalist sings wonderfully.
    Thank you for this, I will add it to my Playlist and perhaps try it on my piano (very amateurily!) , when I need to do a little "emotional venting".
    Sending you strength.
    Rose.

Patti 67 likes this.
  6. MICHAEL2023

MICHAEL2023 Well-Known Member

Joe, thank you for sharing such a beautiful tribute for your beautiful wife, Colleen. I was sincerely moved.
    Your intention of letting the vibe come through, the essence of the two of you, was accomplished. Bless all of our wounded hearts.
    ~ Michael

Patti 67 and Rose69 like this.
  7. NYCBASSIST55

Patti 67 likes this.