*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Greater loss

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Nicholaskyle, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Nicholaskyle

Nicholaskyle New Member

I miss my brother so much . This pain is almost enough to break me again . I’m so tired of feeling this way . I just want someone to hold me and make me believe everything is going to be okay again .. what can I do …

Patti 67 and Chris M 2000 like this.
  2. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Dear Nicholas, I am sorry for the loss of your brother. We too lost someone to suicide--our 28 year old son. It is true that the pain is almost too much to bear, but you can bear it, even when it seems impossible to go through one day. The longing for the person we lost is so very strong, but you can see your brother again some day. Be kind to yourself. Take good care of your health, for the time in the future when this heavy burden begins to lift. Stay in contact with us here, because we understand like no one else can.
    You asked what can you do. You can hold on and believe that God will bring you through this, because He did that for me. Jesus has a love greater than all of this pain you are going through, and He experienced a great pain also so He understands you thoroughly. Call on Him, confide in Him, and lean on Him, and He will help you.
    Chris

Patti 67 and Nicholaskyle like this.
  3. Nicholaskyle

Nicholaskyle New Member

Thank you . I will try . My health is not the best right now and I’ll try to stay positive and pray .

4. Calilove

Calilove Member

I just lost my wife to suicide, 17 years married would have been 18 next month, this pain is something else, i still have a 14 year old and a 17 year old, im trying to hold it strong for them, but how can you, Nicholas, i feel you, im sorry for your loss, and the pain. No one should ever feel that pain.

5. Nicholaskyle

Nicholaskyle New Member

I hope we can all find peace and some kind of happiness again .

6. Chris M 2000

Thank you for staying in touch here. We want to be any support we can to you.
    I never thought I could find peace and some kind of happiness again, but I have. This grief walk is a slow process and it takes courage to continue on. It will get better if you can just hold on. Don't let yourself expect it to happen overnight. Be patient with yourself, be kind to yourself, and do the things that are a comfort to you no matter what anyone else thinks. Their focus should be on you and your pain right now, not on themselves. That being said, there are many who care about you and love you.
    Jesus said,
    “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
    Claim that promise in spite of your feelings and you will make it through this darkness you are going through.
    Chris

Patti 67 likes this.
  7. Nicholaskyle

Nicholaskyle New Member

I’m requesting prayers . I appreciate everyone who has tried and is talking with me ! My health has gotten worse . I had a seizure and fractured my jaw and broke a few teeth , along with a concussion . The doctors say it because of my heart . I’m still trying to keep positive even with everything that’s going on . Im I’m so much pain .. mentally and physically

8. Chris M 2000

I can't tell you how sorry I am that you are suffering so much. I am thankful you are reaching out for support, as you are very needy right now. I am lifting you up in prayer.
    I will ask my sister and friends to pray for you.
    This must be so awfully hard. I can't imagine going through all of this at once.
    Try to maintain peace in your heart and mind, as I know you already are. It is important for your health.
    I am usually not at a loss of words of consolation, but I don't know what to say to encourage you. You are going through so much. I will leave you with a scripture from 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 a friend sent me recently:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
    For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so through Christ, we share abundantly in comfort too.

May God comfort you in all your afflictions,
    Chris

Patti 67 likes this.
  9. Chris M 2000

Hi Nicholas. I have been praying for you along with my sister. She asked me how you were doing.
    Please let me know how you are, if you feel like you can respond.
    May God grant you strength and healing.
    We care about you.
    Chris

Patti 67 likes this.
  10. Calilove

Calilove Member

Hope all is well, or as good as it can get under these circumstances. The pain is beyond anything I have experienced, and I have been shot and stabbed, and I would gladly go thru that again with a smile, compared to this pain and confusion, but we have to hang in there. We do not want to have someone else feel this pain, so if we give up to it, we are just passing this pain to others. Stay strong and if you need someone to talk to I would love to talk and listen
    Hector 760-637-6334. We have to be there for each other because we alone feel this pain and understand what we are going through. Much love stay strong. You got this nick

11. Chris M 2000

Thank you for all the encouragement you are offering to others. It is appreciated.
    Chris

Patti 67 likes this.
  12. Calilove

Calilove Member

I have more bad days then I do good ones, and it’s hard to find ppl or groups that understand our pain, the ones that do want to make money off of our suffering, so for me to be there for anyone will also help me, I have also learned that when we lose someone we also lose friends or ppl we thought were friends, but I believe it’s all from lack of understanding this pain and suffering, everyone around us acts like it’s a disease that’s contagious. So I am here.

13. Chris M 2000

You are so right, to be there for someone else does help you. I had a friend whose 26 year old son died as a result of either drug overdose or suicide. His mother thought it was a purposeful overdose to commit suicide. I noticed when the holidays would come she would call to encourage those of us she knew that had experienced the same tragedy. I know she did this to help herself and at the same time she helped me much.
    You are a remarkable person. This world, and especially people who have also suffered a devastating suicide as you have, need you.
    God will bring you through all this pain. Don't let go of hope.
    Chris

Patti 67 likes this.
  14. Calilove

Calilove Member

Thank you, Chris that means a lot to me. I have tried to go to church but it doesn’t help much, I am a believer in a higher power and I know the lord, and I also k ow that he will pull me back to him. I hope that it is soon, the hardest part is doing this alone, it eats you up alive, my depression kicks in while the grief bangs me up. And I know that me being around ppl helps, don’t have to be ppl you know just other humans going about their day. It makes the grief go by a lil faster, it doesn’t stop it. I wish i can find something that does take it away. Ppl say that it will never go away, we just learn to live with it, I lost my father a few years back, and I was the his favorite (hahaha). That pain and grief was a lot different then this one. Is love that damm strong? Not sure how true this is, but they say that grief and love go hand and hand, that we grief the way we loved. If it is true, then even I am amazed at how much I loved this woman and still love.

welll I don’t want to take any more of your time, I can keep going and going lol. It actually helps so thank you for being there to lend an ear. May you have a blessed weekend.

15. Chris M 2000

Talk all you want because it will help you sort things out.
    May you also have a blessed weekend friend.
    Chris

Patti 67 and Calilove like this.
  16. Chris M 2000

Praying for you, Nicholas.

Patti 67 likes this.
  17. Calilove

Calilove Member

Will keep you in my prayers,

18. Chris M 2000

Requested prayer for you at church tonight. I hope you are hanging in there.
    We care about you.
    Chris

Patti 67 and Calilove like this.
  19. MICHAEL2023

MICHAEL2023 Well-Known Member

Nicholas, I am praying for you. Peace be with you.
    Michael

Patti 67, Chris M 2000 and Calilove like this.
  20. Chris M 2000

Thank you Michael.

Patti 67 likes this.