*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Good (Almost) Afternoon GIC "Family..."

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by DEB321, Aug 21, 2022.

1. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you were uplifted by my words. I can only send you the mostest of hugz and Love! Thinkin positive vibes for ya Debster!~

DEB321, cjpines and Van Gogh like this.
  2. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

What Lou said works for me too. A "fake" smile returns a genuine smile from someone -- it does take you out of yourself. -- just for a few seconds.

DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  3. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Thanks, Ms.Mum! I "stole" that idea from
    one of the Center for Loss quotes. Have
    you noticed that the quotes are being
    repeated now? As I recently said on GIC,
    it doesn't matter , bc the 1st time, over a
    year ago, I had "foggy widower's brain",
    and forgot some of them. I did recall
    today's , bc it was by Edgar Allen Poe,
    so close to Halloween. Louster

cjpines likes this.
  4. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George,

"Normal" is a very subjective word, lol... However, it's those that don't know they're not playing with a full deck who are far from "normal," lol!!! I think Lou said it best, you have a very creative mind, IMHO, a sign of great intelligence...

Sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Van Gogh likes this.
  5. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Lou, you're so right about the change of seasons bringing depression. Our clocks went back an hour last weekend, so now it's dark already at 5pm. I find that the start of any season triggers sadness and depression when you've lost a soulmate, so many memories of all the different things we'd do together, according to the time of year.
    We've actually been having a second Summer over here, afternoon temperatures in the eighties, beach resorts packed with holidaymakers, sunbathing and swimming in the warm sea! Very unusual, but not too good for our countryside. Some trees are blooming as if it's Spring but that means they will suffer the cold weather which is just around the corner, will wither and die, and then won't bloom again in Spring. So no fruit! So sad, this climate change. I've planted some sweet peas and I need to irrigate them as it hasn't rained for weeks. This has never happened before, the soil is usually soaked this time of year, but now it's completely dry, and we are absolutely invaded by mosquitoes, even more than the summer months. Rain is forecast from tomorrow though, so that will mean a real start to Autumn. I just wanted to update you, as I was touched by your words in your last post, about missing my country life 'news'.
    I hope we don't get too many rainy days, as I intend to spend as much time as possible outdoors, doing odd jobs, or just walking around our land. I understand you Lou, wanting to hop on the bus and visit your nearby towns. I think you and all our friends will agree that this is our best remedy, spending time outdoors, going for long walks, if possible in natural surroundings, woodlands or open countryside, ocean walks like you and Robin can do, breathing in fresh air, whether it's hot or cold, it doesn't matter.

Wishing all of you a peaceful day.
    Rose

Countess Joy, DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.