*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Good (Almost) Afternoon GIC "Family..."

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by DEB321, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Thank you. Here goes.....

Gary166, DEB321, Countess Joy and 2 others like this.
  2. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Robin,

I wish so much the electrical problem could be fixed before your trip, but I love how you're thinking about all the good times you and your children will share, in just a few short days. Trying to put a positive spin on this, by the time you get home, the electrical issue will be history!!!, and you didn't have to go through the stress of being in the house while it was being taken care of.

Thank you so much for the good thoughts. I'm feeling so much better!!!, much more able to tackle the challenges that are still ahead of me. Hopefully, by the end of the year, they'll be history..., or at least close to it.

As always, sending you, Teddy & Slinky, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

3. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Bernadine,

This is so beautiful... So over the top bittersweet... I thought I was doing okay, but as soon as I started listening and watching this, the floodgates opened... I had to pause it because I only had one tissue left in the box next to me. Mr. Grief is always in the shadows, ready to make an appearance. F*CK!!! Mr. Grief!!!, TUTTAM!!! I just kicked the SH*T!!! out of him. He better be unconscious!!! While I was at it, I kicked the SH*T!!! out of him for you, for everyone in our GIC "family."

Thank you so much for sharing...

As always, sending you and Maggie, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

4. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Rose,

It's way beyond wonderful, being able to "talk" to you again. Although my life is not fully glued back together, I'm feeling much better physically, (even though I haven't fully recovered), and finally feel like I'll be able to tackle all of the challenges still ahead of me.

I've missed you, all of our GIC "family," and was so sad when I couldn't visit the other day. It's good to be back!!!, TUTTAM!!! Even when I wasn't able to visit GIC, it was still comforting knowing all of you are here... That 24 hours when I was getting those scary red warnings, too afraid to visit, SUCKED!!! BIG!!! TIME!!!

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace. DEB

Rose69, Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  5. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Love you , Deb. You would make a sailor
    blush, with your not so hidden swears! Lou

Rose69, Gary166 and DEB321 like this.
  6. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Robin,

I "get" it!!! I needed Bob more than ever after my accident. Although I had friends, my kids, to help me through it, it wasn't the same. I felt so very alone!!!, TUTTAM!!! Although I thought I had already accepted this, the accident has been a constant reminder that Bob is NEVER!!! coming home. I spent way too many days, with only Mr. Grief for company. It SUCKED!!! BIG!!! TIME!!!

I'm so glad your family has been here for you!!! to help you through the electrical nightmare, but it isn't enough. We NEED!!! Ron and Bob!!! more than ever at times like these.

As always, sending you, Teddy & Slinky, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

7. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

George,

I wish you had much better news to share!!!, TUTTAM!!!, but it's so good to hear from you!!! I've missed you, and I'm positive all TGW, our GIC "family, " has missed you too...

No advice, no words of wisdom, just the very BIGGEST!!! virtual hug...

Sending you zillions more hugs, lots of love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. Debster

8. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Rose,

My heart is breaking for you... I had to reach for a tissue while reading this. Although I donated or tossed lots of stuff in the garage, a/k/a, Bob's mancave, there are things I know I won't use, but can't let go of. They're taking up much needed space, space I need when I finally have another car.

I feel like I would be losing another piece of Bob, if I give these things away, no matter how irrational it sounds to some of my neighbors, and friends. But, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, most of these people have NO!!! idea what it's like to have the one true love of their lives pass away. They can't possibly understand how painful it is to donate, sell, or throw out, C's and Bob's things... Sending you a GIANT!!! virtual hug...

All of this SUCKS!!! (I'm still stuck on SUCKS!!!) It isn't supposed to be this way, but here we are, alone, trying to put the pieces of our torn apart world, back together again, the very best we can. It SUCKS!!! However, we CAN!!! and WILL!!! do this together!!! We are TGW!!!

Sending you zillions more hugs, lots of love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

9. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Louster,

Thanks for the lol!!! As Linda might say, I'm no "delicate flower!!!" I believe in spicing things up when necessary.

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

10. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

P.S. a/k/a Debster

Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  11. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Deb. It’s been stressful and hate that I’m going through another big project by myself. So thankful for my brother, but still feel so alone. I know you do too. And that horrific accident, I’m happy to hear you’re healing and feeling better each day. And on the road to recovery.
    I’m trying to think positive, and how it will all be behind me soon. I’ll have both my children with me. Looking forward to my sons wonderful bear hug.
    Thank you Deb for understanding and your support and love. We need to push forward even when it feels hard. That’s what I’m trying to do. ❤️ Robin

DEB321, Gary166, Rose69 and 1 other person like this.
  12. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Thanks The Deb and all my friends in Grief!

13. Van Gogh

George, thanks to you, I started calling
    Deb, The Deb, & The Debster, and called
    myself The Louster, much to the
    amusement of Karen & other GW!! Lou

Rose69 likes this.
  14. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Deb, I also couldn't get on GIC for two days. Then yesterday it came back on.

Van Gogh likes this.
  15. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

B,

I love!!! the way you express your feelings!!!, TUTTAM!!! I can relate to much of what you said. I love how uplifting and positive this post is. Life will always be so over the top bittersweet, but, and this is another one of those really BIG!!! BUTS!!!, life is a gift. As TGW know all too well, a gift that can be taken from us at any second. I think of Bob 24/7, and can (almost) hear him saying to me every morning, when I wake up, "As long as I'm on the right side of the dirt, it's a good day."

I'm constantly changing and morphing into the person who I think I'm meant to become. I've learned lots about myself not only from being Bob's full time caregiver, being with him during the very worst moments of both of our lives, living through the still, over the top horrendous memories!!!, TUTTAM!!!, of his last 24 hours on earth, and most recently the over the top frightening car accident. I know I'm very fortunate to have been able to walk out of that wreck. I'm no longer the person I once was. I now value life in an entirely new way, wanting to experience so much more, saying yes to life," (thanks, Tom Zuba!!!) much more often, before it's my time to be reunited with Bob.

Tomorrow should have been our wedding anniversary, a time for celebration... A day that once was filled with so much happiness, the promise of so many wonderful adventures, special moments, still ahead of us, now filled with a sadness, a loneliness, that will NEVER!!! go away. However, unlike last year, this year I'm determined to make tomorrow a day filled with happiness, not just tears... I've been thinking about how I want to spend tomorrow. I've been invited to a Halloween party, but I'm not going. I don't feel like spending it with others, I need to be alone... If I had a car (long story, but it should be here soon), I would drive to one of our very favorite spots, one of the places that made us want to move here, and reflect on the wonderful life, that I was fortunate enough to have been able to share with Bob, my knight in shining armor...

Without a car, if Mother Nature decides to be kind to my little corner of the world, I think I'm going to take a long hike, find a place in the woods to sit, bring a small notepad and a pen, and put my thoughts into words, thoughts I wish so much I could say to Bob in person... I'm going to try to write him a poem. I don't feel like my all of my creativity has returned, but it's the first time, in such a long time, that I feel like writing. I know I'm not ready to share anything that I'm going to attempt to write, but I think it would make Bob happy if he knew I finally want to try to write again. I'm going to save this (hopefully) soon to be poem, and take it out next year, reread it, and try to keep this new tradition going.

Sadly, I still have trouble listening to music, but yesterday, my very good widowed friend and I, enjoyed a very relaxing, leisurely lunch, outside by the ocean, at a restaurant on the Island. Although it wasn't one that Bob and I had been to before, this is a step forward for me. We spent the entire afternoon on the Island, a place that I once thought I NEVER!!! would be able to go to again, without Bob (physically) with me. For the first time since Bob's death, I remembered why we fell in love with this area so many years ago... I walked along the shoreline, breathed in the ocean air, and felt a sense of calm... a sense of calm that I haven't felt in way too long a time... A sense of calm that I thought I would NEVER!!! be able to feel again..., not in this place, a place that holds so many wonderful, special memories, of times spent with Bob and my children, and times spent with just Bob...

16. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

I hit send way too soon!!! Lost my train of thought, so stopping here.

As always, sending you and Maggie, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Van Gogh likes this.
  17. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

P.S.S. Although incomplete, I hope this message makes sense, expresses enough of what I wanted to say.

Van Gogh likes this.
  18. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Gary,

I agree with every word you said. There is a purpose and reason for everything, suffering included. Suffering, especially emotional suffering, has taught me so much about life..., about myself... I'm morphing into the person who I'm meant to become, now that Bob, the one true love of my life, is no longer able to share the rest of my time on earth, with me.

It's such an over the top bittersweet existence!!!, TUTTAM!!! However, I think I've turned a corner in this miserable, for lack of a better word, journey. Now, although every day is laced with tears, I seem to have more days where I smile more, and cry less. I cherish the good moments, knowing Mr. Grief is always lurking in the shadows..., ready to attack without any warning.

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

19. Van Gogh

Deb, when I read your moving story, I
    realized why you are one of my favorite
    Grief Warriors, and one of my closest
    friends, both on & off GIC. Even though
    Linda died more yrs ago than did Bob,
    I feel we're both better, in our grief journey, than we were before. I just woke
    up from a bad dream, and then, I talked
    to Linda. I said that someday our spirits
    would reunite, that we might not look
    like we did physically, but we would know
    each other in spirit, in love, under God.
    I have a friend who had a near death
    experience, and saw his spirit meet other
    spirits of people in his life. He saw that the
    meaning of life is love. He also heard the
    voice of God, which sounded female,
    as in Mother Earth. It changed him for
    good, and he's one of the calmest, kindest
    people I know. As I've said before, Debster,
    when I tease you about writing a "book"
    on GIC, I believe you are a great writer
    NOW, on GIC, bc your words flow from
    the heart. I like your idea of starting a
    tradition of writing a poem to Bob. As
    Karen, Bernadine, and others, aside from
    me, can attest , your words are as profound as Zuba's and the Center for Loss quotes,
    and personal explanations by the founder,
    Dr. Alan Wolfelt. Thank you. Louster

20. Van Gogh

Debster ( I call you that with both
    affection and humor), you & Gary capture
    exactly how I feel on this early Saturday
    morning. God Bless both of you and all
    of us Grief Warriors. Louster

Gary166, DEB321 and Rose69 like this.