*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Good (Almost) Afternoon GIC "Family..."

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by DEB321, Aug 21, 2022.

1. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Robin,

I agree with Lou, I think the whale was a sign from Ron. He is always watching over you, and always finds ways to let you know he is with you, even though he can't be with you (physically). I love how connected you and Ron are, how well you are able to communicate with each other, until the day finally comes when you will be reunited forever.

Thinking about this some more, I'm positive Ron knew you would know the whale was a sign from him. Seeing that whale was definitely a BIG!!! sign. It is so bittersweet, it has me teary eyed. I'm an emotional mess, but mostly only in the very best of ways, lol...

As always, sending you, Teddy and Slinky, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Rose69, Gary166, RLC and 1 other person like this.
  2. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

The kind Debster is back, after your own
    personal problems. We've missed you!
    Thanks for reaching out to our dear
    friends Robin & Rose. Hope your life
    improves, in both health & happiness.
    Louster

3. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Rose,

I think just like you traveling by bus, with your daughter, to spend a nice day at an art gallery, taking a long walk in a nearby town, is another HUGE!!! step forward towards living the very best life you possibly can without C by your side (physically). When I go on long walks, I feel like Bob is with me too. Like you, I talk to him, but silently, only in my mind. Although there are times when I'm not sure if all my marbles are still intact, I know I'm not losing my mind, or haven't lost it yet!!!, (hope I'm not jinxing myself!!!, lol!!!), and don't need others thinking I have, TUTTAM!!!

I believe in signs and have had many signs from Bob, usually butterflies or birds, as I think Robin (?) recently said, (the combination of foggy widow brain and senior moments can be over the top challenging!!!), but occasionally, I'll come home and find the decorative pillows on my bed not where I placed them, or the ones on the couch on the floor. I've gone to bed more than a few times, having made sure I turned all the lights out in the house, to wake up in the middle of the night, to find a light on in the kitchen. It would have been impossible for me to not know I had left a light on in the kitchen, because my bedroom is across from it, the light would shine in from under the door, keeping me awake.

Thanks for more smiles...

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Rose69, Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  4. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Helena,

This is absolutely beautiful... I agree with you, we ARE!!! thriving!!! F*CK!!! what society says!!! We are thriving..., growing..., adjusting to the new reality we've been thrown into, finding meaning in this new, over the top challenging life, that not one of us would have chosen!!!, TUTTAM!!!

Like Rose, I think you have taken a GIANT!!! step forward in finding a way to live the very best life you possibly can, without Geoff (physically) by your side. You are not only doing all the way beyond difficult work grieving forces us to do, but have become a caring and compassionate friend to yourself (hope this makes sense!!!), so necessary in order to be able to live this new life in the way that will make you happiest, although will always be so over the top bittersweet. It SUCKS!!!, but at the same time, I think all of us are becoming better people as a result of having experienced the most heartbreaking kind of loss imaginable, the death of the one true love of our lives.

I'm super tired, so not sure how much of this makes sense, but will post it anyway. Too tired to cook, so I'm going to go to the grocery store and hope there are some rotisserie chickens available. If I'm lucky, and can pick one up, I won't have to make dinner for awhile. Just thinking about not having to cook has me smiling... I can have it hot tonight, with some left over roasted sweet potatoes, all I have to do is put together a salad, a meal in minutes!!!, my idea of cooking. There are so many ways I can eat the rest of it, all requiring minimal time and effort in the kitchen. Life is good... Wait!!!, I better not "count my chickens before they hatch," to quote one of those old sayings my parents said frequently while I was growing up.

Stopping here, going to check out the grocery store before it gets much later...

Thank you so much for this way beyond beautiful post, for giving me so much to think about. You are morphing into the very best version of yourself and it has me smiling BIG!!! TIME!!!

As always, sending you, Yogi and Sammy, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

5. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Louster,

For the first time in way too long, I think I'm no longer stuck on the bottom of that miserable roller coaster ride of emotions, in Mr. Grief's over the top twisted amusement park. Although the ride up is full of challenges, I feel like I can handle them, and I'm looking forward to the future again.

Keeping this short because I want to take a quick trip to the grocery store. I'm positive Bob would have something funny to say about this!!!, TUTTAM!!!

Thanks for the good wishes...

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. Debster

6. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

I love your "new" nicknames, Louster and Debster. It tickles me.

DEB321, Rose69, Gary166 and 2 others like this.
  7. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you Deb,
    The more I think of seeing the whale and after I asked for a big sign. I feel it was Ron. I thought it immediately after seeing such a fun and beautiful sight. And then my daughter called it a birthday miracle. We’ve always been very connected, so I’m not terribly surprised I get these signs so often. I’ve been asking him for strength to help me get through this electric situation I have going on. Lost my power again today after the electrician was here. He’s ordering what I need. I have to be careful what I use so I don’t lose it again. I’m struggling to get through this. Could use Ron. I’ll get through it. I have to. I leave in 5 days to spend time with my son in Florida. Unless parts come in faster, my brother and the electrician will be fixing everything while I’m away.
    Thank you Deb. I really hope you’re feeling better and stronger. Robin

Countess Joy, Rose69, Gary166 and 2 others like this.
  8. Van Gogh

Robin, so glad I could reply to you tonight.
    There was a glitch on GIC, but fortunately
    just overnight. I'm tired after a lot of
    walking today, so I'll say goodnight. Lo

Rose69 and Gary166 like this.
  9. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Robin,

I wasn’t able to visit GIC for about 24 hours. I kept getting a big red warning that the site might have been hacked. Whatever the issue was, I’m glad it’s been resolved, TUTTAM!!!

I’m really tired, so keeping this short. I’m sorry to hear about the electrical problem you’re having, and hope it’s resolved before you go to Florida.

I’m smiling BIG!!! TIME!!! knowing you’re going to spend five days with your son. Enjoy every second of your visit. I know Ron will be watching over you, happy for you…

Very briefly, I’m feeling much better, but still not 100%. I still have way too much on my plate, but this the first time, in a long time, that my life is beginning to look a little brighter.

Can’t stop yawning… So…

Have a very “uneventful” trip to Florida and back home. Can’t wait to hear about all those special moments you’re going to have, when you return…!!!

As always, sending you, Teddy & Slinky, lots of hugs & love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Van Gogh, Rose69, RLC and 1 other person like this.
  10. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Lou, I was having that glitch too. Happy to hear from you. Not sure why that happens, I’ve had that same thing happen previously. So happy it’s fixed, just a few hours ago I still couldn’t sign in. Get some rest. Hope you had a good day. Robin

Van Gogh and Rose69 like this.
  11. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Deb,
    It’s crazy when this happens to GIC. Glad it’s over and back to normal. Thank you Deb, the electrical issues had me in not a good place for a couple days. I got the estimate and gave them the go ahead to order everything. they’re working on it while I’m away. It’ll be ok, I just need to be careful what I use.

So happy to hear you’re feeling so much better. So happy for you. You’ve been through a lot.

Can’t wait to spend time with both my children. I’m using those thoughts to help me out of this funk I’ve been in since my electricity issues.

Continue to heal and feel healthier and stronger. Robin

Gary166, DEB321, Van Gogh and 2 others like this.
  12. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

13. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Oh what a relief! I have just got up and immediately checked in, keeping my fingers crossed, as for the whole day yesterday I was unable to connect. I was so upset, what had happened? :(
    Now, you've all said that you had trouble too, so luckily it was a temporary hitch. I thought it was something wrong at my end.

Deb, thank you for your lovely words, you are such a special person, so precise in taking time to answer every single one of us, I hope you've fully recovered from that terrible accident and had everything sorted out. I hope your trip to the grocery store was a success!

Lou and Robin, great to hear you too, I've become so fond of you all that I missed you all so much yesterday. Even when I don't feel up to 'talking' much, reading all your posts comforts me and makes my day. Robin, wishing you a peaceful and relaxing few days with your son, and I hope you get electricity problems solved soon. I KNOW exactly how you feel having to deal with all this alone, glad you have your brother to help.

Wishing you all a good night's sleep.
    Rose

Gary166, DEB321 and Van Gogh like this.
  14. Van Gogh

Rose, woke up in the night, & was pleased
    to see Deb, Robin, Bernadine, and you. I
    felt the same way you did, when there was
    a.
    glitch which lasted a couple days. I emailed
    Karyn Arnold, the founder, for help. Lou

Countess Joy, DEB321 and Rose69 like this.
  15. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Rose and everyone else,
    I felt the same way everyone else was feeling during this GIC issue. Like losing my life line. Losing so many friends that I wasn’t able to be in touch with and I was going through an emergency in my home at the same time. I was shutting down. Feeling like I can’t do this and I don’t have my friends to help raise me up. Then somehow I got onto the site and Nicole did as well. She figured out that going through email alerts we could get onto the site without any issues. And I realized that was how I got on. So in the future if there’s a glitch try going through the emails we’re sent. Even if it’s an old one. It works.
    Thank you Rose, I think I’m looking forward to this trip. I had a few days that I didn’t want to go at all. This emergency with my electricity weighed so heavy on me I can’t even express it. When my lights went out and then realized it’s only my house I lost it. I needed Ron more then ever. He came through for me as best he could. When I reported my outage to my electric company I got a call back from the nicest man. So calm and caring. He knew I was upset and when he told me there’s electric going to my house he said to check my main breaker. And I shouldn’t worry. He asked if I had anyone to help me and he would stay on the line until I got down in the basement. This man doesn’t know I have trouble walking, yet he seemed to know. I started to go to the basement but then I heard Ron, who didn’t let me go down there. He told me to call my brother. I told the man that I walk with a cane and I’m thinking I need to call my brother. He agreed. And told me how to reach him again if I needed. My brother came and it was the main breaker but there’s other issues too that he saw. I was crying uncontrollably. He said we’ll get you fixed it’s going to be ok. He doesn’t realize that it’s so much more then the elelecric going out. It’s deeper. I have an estimate and everything is getting ordered. I know the electrician and he’s very good friends with my brother and not only will my brother be working with him but he gave me a break on labor and parts. So things will be ok. Thank God for my brother. He’s also been checking on me every day. I’m thankful for that. But I told my daughter, I have 2 brothers and her supporting and helping and I still feel so alone. She understands, she misses her Dad everyday. Enough on that saga, sorry to bore everyone with my struggles.
    I’m trying to look forward to having both my kids with me. My son lost a lot of weight and he said I won’t recognize him. I’m so proud of him and looking forward to his bear hug. And then coming home to my house fixed and in perfect working order.
    Thank you for listening and all the support.
    Wishing everyone a better day, especially since GIC is back up and running normal. Robin

Gary166, DEB321, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  16. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

I'm still around. I keep trying. Don't feel very talkative. All I have to say is how much my new life sucks and how much I miss EVERYTHING about Valerie. I need to pull my ass together I feel so horrible all I have to say is the same negative stuff, I do not feel positive at all these last three weeks. I am not doing good!

I wonder why! DUH!

All the loss and trauma over the last 20 years has left me feeling defeated and hopeless. Everything's so F-ng Hard!

I am NOT wantnig death! Life is so Hard! And Winterz coming!

This was super hard to post. I just want to hide in bed these daze.

Gary166, DEB321, Countess Joy and 2 others like this.
  17. Van Gogh

George, even though you're in despair
    how your life turned out without Valerie
    AND with dialysis, you made a lot of
    GW happy to hear from you. I feel too
    old to use "Bro", but in your case I will call
    you "Bro". Like Karen, Deb, & other GW,
    I like your unique play on words, using
    " daze". We all have those " daze".. Lou

18. eyepilot13

Bro be kool. Every time I think I might be healing I head back into the crap. Glad you dig the wordplay!

Gary166, Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  19. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, today is a terribile heartbreaking day for me, I'm glad I have you all to pour out all my sorrows, I'm feeling absolutely lost and torn to pieces because I've just sold my C's car! :(. I feel like Ive lost him all over again, I don't know what to do with myself, I think I'll take it out on the piano and play and sing out loud, like crazy, trying to let out all my pain, I just want to scream and scream, but I can't do that in front of my children! So I thought I'd scream 'virtually' to all my friends here. Thank you for listening.
    Rose.

20. eyepilot13

Scream away!