*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Good (Almost) Afternoon GIC "Family..."

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by DEB321, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Thank you, Rose! Very touching. I like
    seeing the male duck ( mallard) along
    side female, like a married couple. Lou

cjpines, Gary166 and Rose69 like this.
  2. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

As I'm caching up reading some of the chats that all of us experienced one time or another, I remember something that I'll never forget. Back in the eighties Geoff and I were visiting the South of England, was a typical overcast morning ... we walked to this quiet park, no body around just two of us sitting in a bench, enjoying the nature ... when we noticed this beautiful red fox stopped a few feet away from us, he look around for a moment and continued his way. This is one of the beautiful pictures that is embedded in my mind, I don't need a photo I have on my brain. My happiness I got in my life depends on the quality of my thoughts. Helena

cjpines, Gary166, Rose69 and 2 others like this.
  3. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Being British born, I just wanted to express my deep sadness, having just heard of the death of Queen Elisabeth II, at her Balmoral home in Scotland, surrounded by all her family by her side.

4. Van Gogh

So sorry to hear, Rose. I'd rather get the
    news from a kind person like you. I choose
    not to have a TV , with loud newscasters
    giving their opinions. I get my headlines,
    on mute, on my Smart Phone. I proposed
    to my wife in Bermuda, and we were
    struck by seeing her photo in the
    different shops. The Queen outlived
    U.S. Presidents and British Prime
    Ministers. She led a remarkable life. Lou

Rose69 and Gary166 like this.
  5. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

I really enjoy reading everyone’s posts about their experiences with nature. I just came back from the woods from putting out 2 trail cameras. There is a large field planted with clover full of hundreds of monarch butterflies. They were redish orange colored. Monarchs have 4-5 generations every season. The current generation will make the trip to Mexico. I was thinking about Cheryl and I visiting the Effigy Mounds State Park a few years ago. An effigy mound is a Native American earthwork that is in the shape of an animal. Most of the ones we saw were bear and eagle shaped. While at the top of a hill overlooking the Mississippi valley we saw 2 eagles fly by nearly eye level very close to us. It was so cool. Later I got a photo of Cheryl with a turkey buzzard eye level in the background. When we can we must let the good times roll. The beautiful precious memories are sparkling diamonds in our minds. Gary

Van Gogh and Rose69 like this.
  6. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

Lou, what a beautiful encounter of Linda's presence of ahe (just a little dig here) (she) hopping in front of you. I remember you want to be reincarnated as a duck with Linda. Isn't it funny it was only one duck.

7. Van Gogh

WOW, Karen. I didn't think of it that way,
    but, as usual, your keen eye caught that.
    As for "ahe", no comment ....L

Rose69 likes this.
  8. Helena Beatriz

Dear Rose

I have been a British subject for fifty one years and as yourself our beloved Queen Elizabeth II death triggered my deepest sadness as her Majesty left this universe. The only thing I have to said it's the whole world is mourning!

9. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Hi Helena, yes, such a sad day for the whole world. I don't think any monarch could ever match her, seventy years dedicated to her people, her country, a ' life in service' as a British newspaper said. I'm watching live on Sky News UK, Prince Charles (or King Charles III) just arrived at Buckingham Palace, shaking hands with thousands of people waiting for him.

Van Gogh likes this.
  10. Helena Beatriz

Like yourself I'm watching in Sky News, as we can see we are connected!!!

11. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

Wow, Internet has really been the best invention ever, hasn't it? We are thousands of miles away, yet we are so near.

Van Gogh likes this.
  12. Helena Beatriz

Nice to know, technology is joining the world, isn't it? only a few minutes and we are chatting with friends that we never met in person!

13. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

I had the courage today to ask my brother Mark if he would take a photo of the last place I took a photo of my beloved Cheerful Cheryl. Gary

Attached Files:

RLC, Sweetcole, Van Gogh and 3 others like this.
  14. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

What a beautiful loving thought Gary. Looks like a wonderful peaceful place.

Rose.

Van Gogh and Gary166 like this.
  15. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

How could I ever imagine this would be my last photo of Cheryl? Mark and cried and he told me he thinks about Cheryl every day. I told Mark I am receiving regular messages from Cheryl and she is ok. Cheryl knows we will join her on the other side when it is our time. Gary

Attached Files:

16. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

There is a little coincidence here Gary. One of my last photos of my darling C was taken in our favourite place up on a mountain, about 1,270metres high, amongst beautiful nature, standing next to his motorbike. We also had our special bench there, more like a big block of stone which was comfortable to sit on. I'm just still not up to posting personal photos, still too painful, I can't even look at them yet without breaking down. I would love to go back there, but haven't plucked up the courage yet. I could ask my son to take me there by car, as I'm not keen on driving around mountainous roads with all those sharp bends,but still can't bring myself to do this.

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  17. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you Rose, there was a time not that long ago I couldn’t enjoy a calm peaceful day. I’m doing much better with that now and enjoy the peace and calm.
    Yes you have mentioned the boars. I can’t even imagine seeing wild boars like you mention. The animals in my yard for the most part are much cuter.
    I’m sure going to the blood test center wasn’t an easy outing. But being able to go to C’s favorite colleague, although emotional was the right place to go. The words you spoke without actually speaking, spoke volumes.
    I’ve had a couple stressful days. My electricity went off last night, but my neighbors all had power. My brother got me up and running, it was the main breaker. But he says I need quite a lot of things replaced. Im getting an estimate tomorrow morning. Take care, Robin.

Gary166, Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  18. Van Gogh

Gary, woke up in the middle of the night,
    and was moved by the photos of you and
    Cheryl. I sit on the same bench, looking out
    at the ocean, upon which Linda & I sat. I
    also use a cane which belonged to Linda.
    At first, I felt very sad doing these 2 things.
    Now, they bring me some strength and
    serenity. I've decided to put your unique
    cane gift in an honored place near Linda's
    memorial in my apartment. Lou

Gary166 and Rose69 like this.
  19. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Robin,

Getting here late, but wishing you a very BELATED!!! Happy Birthday!!! I love that you and your daughter spent a couple days near the water. I bet it was way beyond amazing watching the whale and dolphins... The ocean is my very favorite place in the entire world. I can't think of a more perfect place to celebrate your very special day. I know Ron was watching over you... so happy, knowing you enjoyed your birthday, without him being able to be with you (physically).

Thanks for the smiles this afternoon.

As always, sending you, Teddy and Slinky, lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  20. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Rose,

I'm teary eyed reading this, but mostly only in the very best of ways. It's way beyond wonderful that in spite of how bittersweet the day was, you enjoyed a day visiting an art gallery with your daughter. I believe with all my heart that C was watching over you..., so proud of you..., so happy... that you spent a fun, relaxing day, with your daughter. I think this is a HUGE!!! step towards living the best life you possibly can, without C (physically) by your side.

Just as I said to Robin a few minutes ago, thanks for the smiles this afternoon.

As always, sending you lots of hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.