*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Feeling Like I Am In Limbo And Lonely

Discussion in 'Dating Again After the Loss of a Spouse/Partner' started by Catty, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

2. Van Gogh

P.S. Debra, I chose Van Gogh as my user
    name,bc he was a tortured soul, like I was
    when Linda died suddenly in front of me.
    My name is Lou.

3. Van Gogh

name, bc he was a tortured soul, like I
    was, when Linda died suddenly in front
    of me. My name is Lou.

4. Van Gogh

was, when Linda died suddenly in front
    of me. My name is Lou.

5. Van Gogh

was,when Linda died suddenly in front
    of me. My name is Lou. I'm not sure why
    my reply to you was repeated several
    times! Lou
    P.S. Debra, I'm not sure why my reply to
    you was repeated several times! Lou

6. Van Gogh

name, bc he was a tortured soul, as I was,
    after Linda died suddenly in front of me.
    Lou

7. Debra M

Debra M Well-Known Member

Good morning, Lou
    And thank you so much for your kindness and your condolences. And what happened to Linda is truly heartbreaking. And once again, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know that the grief and bereavement is beyond so extremely painful. I know how it felt to you to when you couldn't get that last image of Linda out of your mind, bc that is what I'm going through, I just can't get the last image of Keith on the ground where he collapsed outside out of my mind... and I cry so many, many times a day, and then after crying, I feel so physically and emotionally drained that all I want to do is stay in bed, which I know that I can't do bc I have so many things that have to be done. And I am planning to get a copy of the "Widower's notebook" Jelena mentioned it to me, and I'm thinking reading it would be of some help to me...
    And my husband's name is Keith. And oh, yes, I love the beach, Keith did as well, and so does our children. And like you and Linda, we both grew up in different places, I grew up in Illinois, and he grew up here in California. And I have been to Massachusetts, my older sister lived there, and I thought it was so beautiful. And I think it would be a really nice place to retire, especially by the sea. And it is so good that Linda was able to see the ocean before she became ill. You were a very loving, caring, nurturing husband to her, I am gathering that just by what you have written, and she was very fortunate to have you for her husband. And I can't thank you enough for reaching out to me, as I am going through such an extremely painful, beyond so very difficult time in my life. And it just feels like my heart is shattered in so many pieces that I don't know how I will ever keep going. Keith was and always will be the love of my life. And I feel like half of me died with him. We have two daughters, ages 13 and 17. And I have to, I just have to keep going for both of them... and I will stay on Grief in Common, bc there are members here that are so kind and so caring like yourself. Take care always
    Debra

Van Gogh likes this.
  8. Debra M

And I certainly understand why you chose Van Gogh, and thank you so very much again for reaching out to me, Lou.

Van Gogh likes this.
  9. Van Gogh

K
    Debra, so very glad to hear from you just
    now. I'm honored that you told me Keith's
    name, & that you will read Jonathan's
    book. I emailed him to thank him for his
    amazing book. & how close our stories
    were. He surprised me by emailing
    back 2 days later, with a warm , very
    personal message. I was on his email
    list & was glad to see that he's on another
    book tour,this time with an international
    mystery thriller, which he used to write
    before Joy died. I suggested his book to
    Grief in Common members, & many have
    bought the book. I have itby my bed, &
    reread some of the more amusing
    chapters. I also recommended Tom
    Zuba's inspiring book, Permission to
    Mourn. He was suicidal over the deaths
    of his wife, their baby girl, & young son.
    from different illnesses. But, what kept
    him going , was caring for his 2 other
    sons. Thank God that Tom chose to live,
    & give help to all mourners , through
    his books & lectures,which are on You
    Tube. So happy you will stay on GIC. I
    looked back & saw that you kindly
    replied to me when I first joined GIC at
    the end of July, 2021. I was out of it then,
    & referred to myself as "Van"!! Lou

10. Debra M

Van Gogh likes this.
  11. Van Gogh

Debra,so sorry you're having a tough day.
    Are you still able to go to the beach? I know it would be "bittersweet",as our
    friend,Deb, says, but maybe someone
    could go with you. I feel blessed to see
    the ocean every day. I even sit on the
    same bench Linda & I sat on, looking out
    to sea. Even though she is not next to
    me physically, I feel her spiritual
    presence. I walk on the Neck,a
    promenade of shops, restaurants, &
    art galleries, & have made friends with
    some of the owners, who know I'm a
    widower, but never knew Linda.The
    highest compliment I can give to my
    friends, is that Linda would have liked
    them. Ironically, she would've loved the
    kind people on GIC, even more. Lou

12. Debra M

Hi Lou, and thank you so much for your kindness, I just have to take one day at a time, I feel so emotionally and physically drained... and unfortunately, I am not able to go to the beach because it is so far away, and I don't drive, but I'm thinking that I may be able to take some busses, but that would have to be further down the line after I get everything handled that I need to do. And I agree that it would be "bittersweet". But at the same time, I know our kids would enjoy it. And I do feel like yes, you are so blessed to see the ocean every day, it is so beautiful there, and it is so good that you can feel Linda's spiritual presence, and there are shops, restaurants, and art galleries ... and especially that you have made friends with the owners that you know that Linda would have liked. And although ironically Linda would have loved the kind people on GIC, even more, it is so good that we are here to support each other...

Van Gogh likes this.
  13. lredditt

lredditt Well-Known Member

Van Gogh likes this.
  14. lredditt

lredditt Well-Known Member

Hi Catty: I feel the same way. I am so lonely on weekends. People ask me when I am going to retire but it would be too lonely just yet. I do date occasionally and have to learn to just enjoy. Surely there is a good man out there? I try to stay busy on the weekends with my 2 acres and teaching online + church but I still have an ache and cry as well. Blessings, Lorry

Van Gogh likes this.
  15. Van Gogh

Debra, I just looked back at our past talks,
    & saw that you put "LIKE" on my post
    when I first joined GIC on July of 2021. You
    introduced yourself to me on Feb.21,
    2022. I was surprised that we started
    "talking" less than a month ago, bc it
    seems a lot longer bc of our subject
    matter--- the deaths of our soulmates,
    Linda & Keith. Today, I see we've been
    joined by Catty, of Georgia, and Lorry,
    of Alabama. They have been on GIC in
    the past, & I'm glad they posted today. It's
    sunny, about 50 degrees, so I'll be able
    to take a long walk to the Neck, and see
    my friends. I'm grateful for that, and
    hope you are having a good Friday am
    in California. Lou

Debra M likes this.
  16. Debra M

Hi Lou, and I'm so sorry for my late reply. I had a very bad day yesterday abd today wasn't much better, and so I didn't even log in to GIC until just now... and I did put LIKE on your post before I introduced myself on Feb 21, bc I could identify with what you had written. And I agree that it does seem like a lot longer than less than a month ago when we first started "talking" bc of the subject matter... and I haven't "met" Catty yet, but I have corresponded with Lotty Lorry. And I'm so glad that your weather was sunny yesterday, although it was in the 50's, and it is so good that you were able to take a long walk to the neck and see your friends! And thank you so much for your kind note, and I'm just taking each day at a time... and hopefully you had a peaceful day today, and you will have a peaceful evening, and you will be in my thoughts.
    Take care always,
    Debra

Van Gogh likes this.
  17. Debra M

Hi Catty, and I just want to say that I'm so sorry for your loss. And my heart goes out to you!! And I do know how extremely devastating and emotionally and physically draining it is to experience grief on a daily basis! I lost my husband in February 11,2022. And I'm so glad that you and I both found this site, as there are so many kind, and empathetic and supportive people here. And please feel free to reach out to me anytime...
    Take care always,
    Debra

Van Gogh likes this.
  18. Van Gogh

Debra, you never have to apologize for
    anything on GIC. All of us are going
    through tough times-----but at different
    times. I'm sorry that you've had it
    particularly rough lately. I try to treat
    each day differently, so each day is not
    like the one before it, as you once
    said. Today was very different from
    yesterday. There was a mysterious
    dense fog at the end of the Neck, which
    was more pleasant than rain. I was in a
    quiet mood

Debra M likes this.
  19. Debra M

Hi Lou, and thank you so much for your warm reply, as well as your empathy, and your understanding. And it is true that all of us are going through tough times... but at different times. And it is good that you treat each day differently, so each day is not like the one before it. And I remember saying that, and so I do need to try more to make the most of each day by doing more things such as going out shopping with my daughters, or on walks, which does help us to have more peaceful days. And I hope that although today was different from yesterday, that both days were peaceful for you. Where you live sounds so beautiful!! And I agree that fog is actually more pleasant than rain. And it is also good that you were in a quiet mood. And speaking of rain, we did have some rain here this afternoon, and it is also supposed to rain tomorrow... but I would much rather have the rain as opposed to the really hot days during the Summer...
    And hopefully you will have a peaceful night's sleep as well as a peaceful day tomorrow...
    Debra

Van Gogh likes this.