*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Does this get easier

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Pappapete, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary,
    According to the map were in one of the higher risk areas but local vets aren’t showing much concern. It’s a cold/flu bug. (That website is from a vaccine manufacturer, so they’re selling a product. We’ve learned the last few years that although every illness can be serious many aren’t for all pets/people.) As with everything know your situation and request appropriate help to assess the risks/benefits if you have questions. ~B

Gary166 and Van Gogh like this.
  2. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support! I appreciate your kind words, We keep on trying to get through this! It is super hard even after a year and a half.
    take care! G

Van Gogh likes this.
  3. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Wow, brother George. I can't begin to tell
    you how worried we GW were, not hearing
    from you!! Don't disappear like that again,bc we GW might suspect the worst!
    Karen asked me if I had direct contact with
    you, and I said only with Deb ( who's
    temporarily MIA) and Gary. We missed you
    on Wed Art Therapy day, with Helena.
    Tell us what's been happening! Lou

eyepilot13 likes this.
  4. eyepilot13

I am so inwardly drawn these days just putting in the energy to be kind to myself and not freak out! Almost everything was upsetting me and making me feel horrible and hopeless. Then I woke up one morning and did not feel that hopelessness for some reason and I've been sorta better but it's like a moment by moment rollercoaster of up and down. I don't know but I feel like I might be starting to heal and the person I am is coming back a bit. I feel kind of normal sometimes around the edges. Like a ghost of who I used to be. Valerie's BDay bummed me out a lot but I keep trying to live in the present not the past. I keep reminding myself to stop judging and hating everything. The future is too uncertain at the macro and micro levels so I don't want to go there and the past was great compared to now but I do not want to keep going there. The past is done and over. I keep trying. I have not done much art except "Spaceship" line drawings. I'd scan and post them probably if TGWs are interested.
    So overall I think I'm actually healing and accepting "That which is". I haven't been on computer much and I have just been living inside my own head and haven't been on GIC for a couple weeks. Hope you and the GWs are good. I see lots of great pictures and attachments I need to look at! Take care and much love and positive vibes to You!

cjpines, Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  5. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Wow Bro! What a breath of fresh air it is to see your message. I want you to know I’ve been thinking about the courage you have for doing the D every other day. I’ve got 38 of 39 rts under my belt and I know what it is to feel like you do all the time. You have shown me what real courage is me Bro. Very few people can suffer like that and keep on trucking. Everyone would love to see you work. Love you George! Gary

cjpines, Countess Joy and Van Gogh like this.
  6. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

George, I'm really pleased to see you here my art and warrior friend. I do understand how you must be feeling, that's life we are all together in this journey. We are still here, take care of yourself, we TGW are thinking about you! Sending you lots of virtual hugs.

Helena

7. eyepilot13

Hey G-Man... great to talk with you. Isn't it hard being stuck in a medical chair for hours. It feels so trapping. I have just been so inwardly drawn trying and working on getting my brainPan together. I'm glad you see the courage because this close up I just don't get it. Day-to-day my friend! Take care bro and much love and support from here!

Rose69 and Van Gogh like this.
  8. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

9. Van Gogh

Van Gogh Well-Known Member

Bernadine, I waited until this am, over
    coffee, to view Nora's video. I had seen
    several TED lectures, incl. this one, right
    after Linda died, but wasn't ready then.
    I had found her sarcastic, stand up
    comedy , about grieving for her husband,
    to be offputting. Not today. After Nora's
    funny, self deprecating intro. I found
    myself crying, in sympathy and in
    agreement, right to the end. Powerful.
    Thank you, as always, Bernadine, for your
    soul searching videos about moving
    forward in life without our soulmates---
    physically--- by our sides. Lou

Countess Joy and Rose69 like this.