*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Crashed

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by eyepilot13, Mar 16, 2024.

1. eyepilot13

eyepilot13 Well-Known Member

I lost my Valerie 3 years ago.. I was there for all the Kancer Hospital and hospice horror. I actually thought I was doing a bit better but the last two months have killed me inside. I hate everything, I feel stupid and incompetent and empty... I don't cry.. I am blocked up inside like a frozen pond. My "anhedonia" (Joyless to the point you do not like or care about anything) has returned with a vengeance! I haven't been on here cuz I have absolutely no energy or motivation to do anything. I hate my new life without my bestie!

Ceee, Countess Joy, Patti 67 and 2 others like this.
  2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

George, I haven’t been on here much either. I’ve felt empty, that’s the best way I can describe how I feel. We all go through this journey in our own time and way. But I personally was at my best at 3 years, since then I keep feeling I’ve lost my way. I know how you’re feeling. I will say I enjoy your use of different words, reminds me of Ron. His vocabulary was impressive. Both of our children learned a lot from him and use their Dads vocabulary. I’m sorry you’re going through this torture. Lack of motivation, I’m right there with you on that. I’ve had so many days of rain I can’t even tell you. But for a couple days now the rain has stopped and the temp has gone up some. I made myself go outside and breath the fresh air. It has helped me a little. We all need spring to hurry up. I’m glad you pushed and got on GIC. I’ve been thinking of you and hoping you were ok. Take care George. Sending you hugs! Robin

3. Rose69

Rose69 Well-Known Member

George, I've just answered you on the Wednesday Art Therapy thread.
    Sending you a hug.

Patti 67 and RLC like this.