*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Can’t sleep...lost my love.

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by DanAlone, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Gazelle

Gazelle Member

Thank you,linda,, i need someone totalk with!!

LindaH likes this.
  2. Gazelle

Gazelle Member

3. Katiebug17

Katiebug17 Member

I can relate to all of you . I'm 24 years old, 7 months pregnant and recently lost my fiance of 4 years due to an overdose. There are no words to describe the pain. I miss him every single day. I loved that man so much, his death has completely flipped my world upside down. I feel as if I will never be able to move on from him
    .. sometimes I dont even recognize myself in the mirror . I hate feeling like this. I hate my life now. He was my forever person. I miss sharing how our days went and being snuggled next to him in bed. I miss his kisses and his hugs. I would do anything to have him back but I know that's literally impossible. I have a huge black cloud hanging over me. Life isn't fair

Newenglander likes this.
  4. Katiebug17

Katiebug17 Member

I'm 24 years old, 7 months pregnant and recently lost my fiance of 4 years due to an overdose. I know exactly how you feel... I can't sleep it just doesn't feel right. I miss him so much, it's hard to process that I'll never see him again. I talk to him all the time in Hope's that he hears me. Sometimes I still expect a text from him . It's so hard I am so heartbroken

5. Gazelle

Gazelle Member

Yes, our greatest wish is we wish we could actually hold them again! We are never the same..Half of us is gone!

Patti Shaffner likes this.
  6. Gazelle

Gazelle Member

I hope your day is a little easier..that you find comfort some way!

7. Gazelle

Gazelle Member

I don't know if my first reply was received??

9. I understand. If you haven’t yet found www.refugeingrief.com check it out. Our culture does not deal well with grief and doesn’t know how to respond. My husband has only been gone 8 weeks and I have to keep my boundaries up with a lot of people. I hate being told ‘sorry for your loss ‘. It feels so insipid and unthinking. We don’t need people to tell us what to expect....like “it will get better “. That does not mitigate the pain in the moment to moment that wakes us I. The middle of the night it’s a sinking heart! I see ya!!

Newenglander likes this.
  10. Yikes. Fingers on a little keyboard. Should read “....that wakes us in the middle of the night with a sinking heart.”

Newenglander likes this.
  11. I’m new too so learning my way and yes... I feel you on the ‘why do...’. This is so hard!!!

12. Anne. Yes others look at us and cannot grasp the depth of loss. The expect us to ‘do good’ ‘ get over it’ and that’s because our culture of grief is broken. It is inadequate to support us who are grieving. Check out www.refugeingrief.com ease for us all and being here with other who can relate helps!!

13. TLD

TLD Active Member

I am with you Dan! I lost my boyfriend of 3 years last week. I don't know how to move on. I don't know that it will get better. We were planning our lives together. We lived apart from each other and he had just left my place the previous day. And he passed away in his sleep the following night. He was far too young and its just not right. You finally find the ONE you are MEANT to spend the rest of your life with and in the blink of an eye they are gone. I wake up sick to my stomach every morning and can't bare the thought of going on without him

14. Gazelle

Gazelle Member

The mornings after the loss. ARE heartbreaking. You have no reason to get up. There is no one who can understand your pain. Your rock, your backup, the one person you can be totally comfortably wish is GONE and life has changed dramatically. How do you learn to cope???
    GAZELLE

Newenglander likes this.
  15. LindaH

LindaH Well-Known Member

I still come home some days looking for my love. Or call home when at store to see if he needs anything. Breaks my heart all over.

Newenglander likes this.
  16. Katiebug17

Katiebug17 Member

Thank you for your kind words ! Some days are easier than others. I try to take comforting in knowing that our little girl will bring me a new definition of love.

17. Medapa

Medapa Member

Wow do your feelings resonate with my own. It's been three and a half months and it feels like yesterday. I don't sleep without some sort of aid, whether it's alcohol, prescription, or regular sleep aid. I toss and turn, I cry, I rage, and go numb.

I hate walking in the door to silence. I hate eating the dinner in front of the TV alone. A few days ago woke up to a noise. Half asleep I thought it was Dan coming home from work. As I woke up I called out to him. Then reality hit and well pardon my french too but... FUCK. It's so hard to get up everyday with the cold crummy realization that this is final. I guess I feel helpless because I can't fix it. I can fix most things
    So it's a hard pill to swallow that you just can't fix it . I get where you're coming from where you can't sleep, can can't eat. Life just feels off. I'm new to this site but now I know I'm not the only one. Unfortunately there's many out there suffering the same as you and I are. All I can take from that is that we are not alone and hopefully we can learn to survive this. Please take care.

Frank Mini and Newenglander like this.
  18. Frank Mini

Frank Mini New Member

I feel that way at times,, I am just trying everyday to get better and heal. It is tough just keep trying!!

LindaH likes this.
  19. PeggySue

PeggySue Member

Lost my husband to heart attack 1 month ago tomorrow. This really sucks. We were married 36 years and I dont want any of this. I just want it like it was. :(

20. LindaH

LindaH Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss !

Your right this really does suck.