*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Anniversary of My Sons Passing

Discussion in 'Loss of Adult Child' started by DeAnna Blackburn, Nov 10, 2016.

1. DeAnna Blackburn

DeAnna Blackburn New Member

This November will be 2 years that my son has been gone. I still cry everyday.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Hi DeAnna, there's no doubt that this pain never really leaves us. And for some, they find that the passage of time brings little relief. I am so sorry for your loss, but glad you have found our site. Getting the right support is such a big part in being able to move forward. I hope you find that here, and I wish you all the best...

3. Kristin Leal

Kristin Leal New Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you have a great support system at home. That is a horrible loss.

4. PhyllisG

PhyllisG Active Member

One year ago today, the Good Lord rescued my Joey from all the suffering he was enduring. He fought so hard against his addiction but a deadly dose of heroin and Fentanyl ended his life on June 17, 2016. I miss my baby so much, but I take comfort in knowing he's okay now and is my Guardian Angel.

Attached Files:

5. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Phyllis - we know how hard the anniversary of our loved one's passing can be. Thank you for being here and for sharing him with us. As you continue ahead, please know we will continue to be here as a resource and comfort for you. We wish you all the best~

6. JamieO

JamieO New Member

Dear Phyllis and DeAnna - I am so sorry for your loss and your pain. I lost my boy, Joey, August 27, 2010. My heart hurts everyday and probably will the rest of my life. You don't recover from the grief of losing a child, however you learn how to live and function with it. It, the grief, seems to live in my mind, body and soul. I have become a different person.
    I often hear my Joey's voice saying "live in the moment mom, live in the moment", I try to keep those words very near so I can enjoy the moments I have with my other children and grand children. However I always notice the empty chair, there is always someone missing. My heart is always broken, even in this moment.