*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Am I the Only One Still Grieving You?

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by taberml, Apr 26, 2021.

1. taberml

taberml New Member

It is going on nine years without you and I don't know how to feel.
    It is currently day 3,160 without you and it has gotten harder and harder to recall your laugh.
    I made a public post on Facebook, asking for friends and family to comment or private message me with stories, memories, photos, and/or videos of you and all I have received are endless "care" reactions... yet not a single comment.

Am I the only one who is still grieving you? Not a day goes by where you aren't on my mind. My father, my best friend, my biggest supporter. I find myself getting upset and angry that no one seems to care if your memory just fades away. Wishing I could scream at our very own family, "Everything He did for you all your life and this is how you respect and honor him, his memory?!"

I just wish I could talk to you. Update you on my life.
    I wish others talked about you, I wish I could talk about you.

Caitlynmariee likes this.
  2. AllisonD94

AllisonD94 Member

It's been almost two months since I lost my mom, and I truly feel I'm the only one still grieving over her. My dad isn't, neither is my sister or nephew. The world has moved on, but I'm stuck on the day she passed, trying to wake her up when I know she passed. Sometimes it's hard when you're the only one who wants to honor your deceased loved one. It's really, really, hard.
    If you ever want to talk about him, my inbox is always open for you. I'd love to hear about him, what he was like, his interests, etc.

taberml likes this.