*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Alzheimers

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Vitalspark, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Vitalspark

Vitalspark New Member

No one deserves this terrible disease. It takes away your loved one a little bit every day. I watched the sweetest person you ever met, my wife Sheila, deteriorate over 5 years. She was 81 & I have known her for 66 years. In all that time I never heard her say a bad thing about anyone. We married in 1963 but she was my school sweetheart & we were never apart. What a loss.
    I looked after her for 3 years then she was in memory care for 2 & finally succumbed to the agony of it in January. She needed hospice care at the end & I chose Continuum who give me a support councilor for 13 months & she helps me a lot. Doing it by phone now & thats what I chose. Having been on my own since she went into care I at least have that part of grieving long past. You do that grieving when they are in care. However every now & then something triggers the emotion & the tears start. In fact it's taken me ages to write this with emotions overwhelming me.
    But I am strong & things will get better.

2. Missingmom

Missingmom New Member

I understand. I lot my mom to dementia in September and my dam broke in the beginning of January. She would have been 74 last November. Hugs