*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

When does it get better

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Good days bad days, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Countess Joy

Countess Joy Well-Known Member

Winter gardening (pulling weeds in the mud, lol) this morning then Maggie and I went for a drive this afternoon to get coffee and just be out of the house for a while. It’s an odd, surreal day, overcast & hollow. I miss Kenn. ~B

Dreary likes this.
  2. Countess Joy

Waiting for coffee

Attached Files:

Dreary, Gary166, DEB321 and 1 other person like this.
  3. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

I'll take the hugs anytime, and back to you too and encircling this forum in hugs.

DEB321 and Patti 61 like this.
  4. cjpines

That's Maggie, she's beautiful. Jack's daughter had a black one, female. Her brother a male was a handful and still is even thou he's quite old now.

Patti 61 likes this.
  5. Countess Joy

Thanks, I think she’s beautiful too.
    Patti had asked if I had posted a picture of her and I thought this one today was perfect.
    She’s already 37lbs at 20 weeks. She’s a handful, and a great gardening companion as long as I can keep her on the grass!

Dreary likes this.
  6. cjpines

My daughter got her dog as a puppy and she was curly from the start. I see Maggie is 1/2 and 1/2 regarding her coat. Is she settling in yet?

7. Countess Joy

She has settled quite a bit. Still a ways to go, but that will probably be the case until she’s about two :)

8. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Karen,

So beautifully said... "Encircling this forum in hugs..," LOVE!!! this!!! You have a gift for saying things so perfectly, with just a few words.

Thank you for those hugs too. Hugs are another thing I'll NEVER!!! take for granted again!!!, TU!!!

I hope you're doing okay today... at least one reason to LMSO..., one "real" smile, and/or one "real" laugh... All of this just SUCKS!!!, but and this is another one of those really BIG BUTS!!!, I believe God gave us each other, to help each other gain strength, as we bravely do whatever we can to keep moving forward. WE CAN AND WILL GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER!!!

Lots of extra hugs and love to you and Rambo, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Dreary likes this.
  9. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Bernadine,

Maggie Joy is so beautiful... way past adorable!!!, TU!!! I wish I could hug her, cuddle up with her... jump right into the back seat of your car, lol!!! Thank you so much for sharing this very special and sweet picture of your "fur baby." Seeing her picture brightened my day, and made me smile... And, although this has already grown way past stale!!!, TU!!!, smiles are one thing I'll NEVER!!! take for granted again!!!, TU!!!

BTW, my very favorite "fur baby," was about the same size and weight as Maggie Joy is when she was approximately (her real birth date will always be a mystery), 20 weeks. She also had huge paws, just like Maggie Joy does now. Maggie Joy is definitely going to be a BIG girl, lol... Just more to hug and cuddle. She might end up having lots of really long fur too. My very favorite "fur baby" had mostly peach fuzz at approximately 8 weeks old, when we adopted her, sort of had the same amount of fur as Maggie Joy at approximately 20 weeks, and gradually, by the time her first birthday arrived, her coat became much longer, thicker and fuller, until she looked like a giant yellow and white mop. She needed to be brushed and combed daily, and bathed often, as one of her favorite pastimes was digging and rolling around in dirt. It was a lot of work, but so worth it!!!, TU!!! There is nothing as wonderful as a freshly bathed and groomed "fur baby." I better stop here!!!, I could go on and on and on, etc., etc., etc., outlasting that Energizer Bunny, when it comes to "talking" about dogs!!!,TU!!!

Seeing her picture is making me want to jump into my car, and go to my favorite animal shelter. However, I think I need to spend some more time trying to adjust to life without Bob first. I wish I had more energy, like you do, to adopt a "fur baby" now, but I still have way too many days when I feel like I can barely take care of myself, forget about being responsible for another "fuzzy child." Although she's a handful, enjoy Maggie Joy's "childhood" and "teen years," (as my favorite dog trainer used to say to our class) to the absolute max!!! She'll be an "adult" before you know it, less of a handful, but as more time goes by, holding an even bigger place in your heart, if this is even possible.

Really stopping here now!!!

I hope you and Maggie Joy are having the best day you possibly can, with at least one reason to LMSO, but hopefully more than one....

As always, sending you and Maggie Joy hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

10. Countess Joy

Oh, Deb
    Thank you for that reply.
    You can come with your Energizer Bunny energy to play with Maggie any time!
    (Interesting thoughts about her coat, time will tell, right?)
    ~B

DEB321 likes this.
  11. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

Greetings the grief warriors. I woke up this morning feeling a lot of anxiety knowing that I was going to be homebound and trapped in my own head today and two more days because of the weather. Plus the obsession of controlling my own death and taxes. Isn’t that a guarantee death and taxes? then I read Patti’s heartfelt inspirational post which gave me great comfort. Patti you are a great mentor to me because of your steadfast faith. People can transfer knowledge to one another but wisdom is found by experiencing life’s tragedies. The hardship you endured taking care of Jack over 9 years seasoned you like no human or divine ingredient could. I appreciate your prayers were directed to God’s will not grant me my wishes. Some people say I want to have spiritual power. The only way to gain this is to endure a tremendous amount of suffering. I think our suffering gives us the opportunity for spiritual growth. I love how you felt Jack’s spirit ascend to heaven to be near fields of flowers and white puffy clouds. In order to deal with my anxiety I made a list of everything that was going wrong and everything that was going right. It felt better just seeing it on paper. I had a session with my healer today and talked about what was wrong. I told my healer some of the things that are going right and she assured me I’m beginning to heal. Sometimes it feels good just to get affirmation. Afterwards I didn’t feel as trapped. A friend in need called and I talked with him 1.5 hours and felt better yet. I guess I’m kind of rambling. Gary

Dreary, Patti 61, 1guy and 3 others like this.
  12. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Bernadine,

I wish so much I could, lol!!!, TU!!! Once again, thanks for all the smiles...

Hope you and Maggie are having the very best evening you possible can...

As always, sending you and Maggie lots of hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

13. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Gary,

You ARE NOT!!! rambling. Everything you said, makes so much sense... As always, you've given me so much to think about. I especially love when you said, "I think our suffering gives us the opportunity for spiritual growth." Something positive comes out of all of our suffering. I agree with everything you said about Patti, but you said it all, so much better than I ever could. Backing up a bit, I also love when you said "wisdom is found by experiencing life's tragedies. So true... I am so very grateful to you..., to Patti..., to all TGW..., who are helping me continue to move forward, more than any one of you will ever realize. As I've been repeating so often lately, I think God gave us each other, to help give each other the strength we need, to continue moving forward..., to continue healing... As much as all of this SUCKS!!!, TU!!!, I'm so very grateful to God, for bringing TGW together, for giving me so many wonderful friends...

As you can probably tell from the above paragraph, my thoughts are all over the place tonight... I'm an emotional mess!!!, TU!!!

Thank you again, for sharing these very beautiful thoughts with us.

As always, sending you hugs, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Dreary and 1guy like this.
  14. cjpines

I love her name. Maggie Joy.

Dreary and Countess Joy like this.
  15. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

I don’t think you’re all over the place Deb. We just express our grief more openly sometimes. The facilitator constantly reminds us we have to feel to heal. Though I haven’t been to an in person grief meeting since December. Thank you for your kindness as always. I agree that we should all meet up but take a cruise out of South Carolina. then sail to the equator in South America. From there we would travel the equator around the world. Maybe we would break some barrier where we would pass through another medium and get to spend a few days in the afterlife with all our beloved. There we would see where our beloved has prepared for our home coming. Now that’s all over the place Deb. My older brother Lou was imagining our younger brothers George Chad older brothers Rick Terry Tom and myself getting a condo in Florida for the winter of 2023. I just thought I would take it to the next level. Sending you a big loving hug and hope for you to have sweet dreams tonight. Gary

Patti 61, Dreary, 1guy and 3 others like this.
  16. Countess Joy

Maggie Joy really suits her.
    Although I also find myself calling her Maggie Doodle (and occasionally, embarrassingly, Poodle Butt since that’s where her curls are.)

Dreary likes this.
  17. DEB321

DEB321 Well-Known Member

Patti,

Just a very quick message. I've been thinking about you..., about all you've been through recently. Wrapping you in the biggest virtual hug ever... I hope Scarlett's health is continuing to improve, that you've received another positive update... As always, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers... continuing prayers for Scarlett...

Please!!! don't feel like you need to respond until you feel up to it!!! I hope you've finally gotten rid of that nasty virus. Please continue to do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself the very best you possibly can. We love you...

Sending you and JayCee lots more hugs and love, wishing you peace, all of us peace. DEB

Patti 61, 1guy, Dreary and 2 others like this.
  18. Gary166

Gary166 Guest

B, I imagined you singing to Maggie ; I’m a Maggie Doddle Dandy. Maggie Doddle went to town riding on a pony. I am a Maggie Doddle Doggie. Gary

19. Countess Joy

LMSO on that one, Gary
    Thank you! ~B

Dreary likes this.
  20. Dreary

Dreary Well-Known Member

Maggie is beautiful - so happy for you that you have her, hugs, Rita

Patti 61 and Countess Joy like this.