*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Planning a Zoom Memorial

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Bevstuart, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Bevstuart

Bevstuart Member

I am finally planning a zoom memorial "Celebration of Life" for my husband. It has been 5 months since Jim
    died,but for reasons due to my own poor health (physical and mental) I have finally been able to do it. It will be later this month. I think the event will be cathartic for me and also for Jim's friends and family, and it is the next best thing until I'm able to travel to Florida (where his mom lives) and have a live ceremony.

I also created this this online memorial page for him: https://www.gatheringus.com/memorial/jim-stuart/5210
    I've been going through tons of photos for the slide show and on one hand I feel so sad but on the other, it helps me remember all the good times we had. I have also joined a grief counseling group, meeting once a week via zoom, and that is also helpful.

2. Dee Kay

Dee Kay Active Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing the online memorial. My husband passed in April, I planned to have a service in Ireland but due to the pandemic have had to postpone travel and was only able to have a very small event at my house. I've been thinking of doing an online memorial and love what you've done for your husband. My condolences and thoughts go out to you.