*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Loss of my Father

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by sadams22, Sep 12, 2019.

1. sadams22

sadams22 New Member

I lost my father this past December. He had a very rare form of cancer and nothing was working for him. He first had the cancer in 2014, but it was removed during surgery. It came back last May and was just terrible.. I and my sisters were his primary caretakers up until his passing. I am having an extremely hard time moving on and dealing with the pain. This is just something i figured i would try because why the hell not at this point

2. Emerginglight

Emerginglight Member

I’m soo sorry for your loss. I lost my mum last May. I became her primary caregiver, along with my sisters for a short while prior to hospice. I can understand why you have trouble moving on. I do too. It’s hard to believe she is gone. I guess you feel the same about your father. Also my emotions are all over the place.
    People talk about ‘moving on’. Personally, I don’t think it’s possible for me. I have to learn to live with my pain. How to allow myself to be sad but not to succumb to my sadness. To find things to distract me but still allow my times of tears. My flashbacks of hospice, of caregiving and watching my mother suffer are so painful. Sometimes I think I will lose my mind. Yet, I try to be positive. What else can I do? It’s a nightmare. Such a devastating loss.

I am so sorry for your pain and difficulty moving forward. I try to take it a moment at a time. Sometimes, I try to take it one day at a day.
    Try to find projects to distract you. But allow yourself to grieve.

Prayers, love and hope...
    Em.