*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I've lost my best friend

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Nicole Doxie, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Nicole Doxie

Nicole Doxie New Member

I lost my husband on October 28, 2018. We were in Florida because his grandmother had passed so we were there for her funeral. We buried her that Saturday and that Sunday morning my husband passed. He died a week almost to the exact minute that his grandmother passed in the same room of the same hospital. He woke me up at 5 am and told me to call 911. Our hotel was 2 minutes from the hospital and he went into cardiac arrest in the ambulance and never woke up. This has been the hardest time of my life. We have 2 children, a son who is 14 and a daughter who is 10. My husband's birthday is on Friday and I'm ready to face it without him. I'm not ready to face Christmas or New Year without him. We were together for 15 years and our 10 year anniversary is in Feb. He was my best friend and I still can't believe he's gone. I miss him every second of every day. I have to keep going for my babies but it's so hard to just do the basic things, like cook, wash clothes, or even go to the grocery store. I just want to stay in my room all day, but don't and can't because I've started back work and have to get the kids ready for school. It just seems so unfair! Everyone has been so nice and my kids are being taken care of. They will have probably the best Christmas ever and all I want is my husband back.

2. Saintgrl74

Saintgrl74 Active Member

So sorry. Lost my husband suddenly on October 16, 2018, our 10th wedding anniversary was Nov 8, 2018; then Thanksgiving; then our only child, our son, turned 8 on Nov 29 and my birthday was the next day, now Christmas. Nothing feels normal, can’t catch my breath. Big hugs and I’m glad you found this group. It’s starting to help me a bit.

Nicole Doxie likes this.
  3. Nicole Doxie

Nicole Doxie New Member

Thank you! I'm sorry for your loss as well. Yes, his birthday is 4 days before Christmas, Christmas, New Year's, my birthday in Jan, and our anniversary is Feb. 13th. I'm not ready for this new life, but I know I don't have a choice. Hugs to you also. I'm glad this group is helping you and I hope it will help me.

4. Saintgrl74

Saintgrl74 Active Member

I’ve been saying the same thing “I’m not ready for this new life.” I decided that I’m going to think of the next year, 2019, as my “Year of Transition “ where I’m learning to live in this new life a just give myself a break. Then 2020 will be like 20/20 vision, when hopefully I’ve been through all my “firsts “ and can “focus “ again. I don’t know if it will stick, but it’s what I’ve got for now.

LindaH and Nicole Doxie like this.
  5. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the sudden passing of your husband. I hope you find this site helpful.