*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

you promised..friends forever

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by sarahm1000496, Mar 1, 2018.

1. sarahm1000496

sarahm1000496 New Member

today is my best friends birthday, we've been friends since the second grade so it would be 15 years this year, the brother i've always wanted to have, the friend that was always there for me, my comfort and the reason i smiled everyday and who would have been turning 22 today has passed away 3 months ago in a car accident, getting hit in the head and being in a coma for 3 days .. when i got the call telling me he got hurt i didn't know what to feel, i was so confused and just wanted to see him as soon as i could, i called everyday to check in on him and 3 days later when i finally fly back home to see him , he passed away as soon as i walked into his room, his death was announced while i was holding his hand ,i didn't know what was happening and everything just happened so fast and i was still waiting for him to wake up but he didn't . up to this day i still cry everyday and wonder if it had really happened because my brain just doesn't want to accept the truth, i keep thinking about how i could have been a better friend, how i should have called him the night before when he crossed my mind and i get scared that someday i'll start to forget the way he looked like, his voive and the sound of his laugh , even the stupid jokes i hated. for 15 years we're seen each other everyday all day and to think that i can't do that anymore breaks my heart to a million piece .
    my friend, my best and only fiend, leo , my little beam of sunshine, my days have become so dark , i miss you everyday , i think about you all the time, and i cry .
    today seems like it will never end and my brain doesn't want to believe that you who is a month older than me will now forever be younger than me .happy 22nd birthday .i love you forever and ever until the day we meet again . 18-02-09-02-45-38-640_deco.jpg

2. Ray G.

Ray G. Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss. It does
    get confusing. Some call it shock,
    others call it denial or that your
    mind simply refuses to believe
    this has happened.

Then like a week or two or longer,
    Since you have not seen him and
    probably been to the wake and
    funeral you start to know on an
    intellectual level he is gone but
    the heart still has not accepted
    the fact and you keep saying
    you can not believe it. I guess one
    could say the heart is still in shock
    or denial.

I think the best thing I could tell you is to keep God very close to you. Go to a nice lake or pond or some quiet
    pretty place and try to just think of
    the good times.