*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Why is this so. Painful?

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Jonathan5757, May 7, 2020.

1. Hi Budman53,
    Oh, yes, do I know what you're saying. My husband passed two weeks ago and it's all I can do to get out of bed and feed the cat. He was my world, my soul mate, my everything --- how am I supposed to pick up the pieces and go on when there is nothing to go on living for? Already the phone calls and text messages are tapering off. Am I pariah already? I keep hoping God will take me in my sleep.

LivingWithGrace likes this.
  2. 1Longstem

1Longstem Member

It’s been 18 months for me that my Lou left me - I think @ 1st we both thought he was going to beat cancer but he died 5 days after my 65th birthday- sept 27,2019 he was my best friend, my companion , my lover , my co parent , my date & my traveling buddy - for 33 years. We met - I was 30 , he was 28 . We dated for 2 years & married June 21st , 1986 my loss of Lou devastated me - turned my world upside dwn but about 1 month ago - his loss & the secondary losses of losing him, hit me right between the eyes !! Family , friends, just don’t get it, many think I should be feeling less hurt, moving on - he was my life & now am living w only half of me what do they want !!! Am so happy I found this site !!

3. Matt71

Matt71 Member

Feel your pain

4. Matt71

Matt71 Member

Hang in there, I understand the positives combined with huge loss.