*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Where to begin ....

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Andrea Howey, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Andrea Howey

Andrea Howey Member

Tomorrow Sept 7th 2017 marks 4 yrs that my husband took his last breathe . And I thought I had the world by it's tail , until this week returns on the calendar. I need someone to say tell me that is it OK to move on , to live again , to be human with feelings again . I want to have human contact again . But I look for my understanding incredible husband in every human I meet. My family feels they need to have a memorial party every year since and travel the 50 plus miles this one time a year to invade my space and home to do so . I get left with a mess , a hurting heart and a whole lot of drunken pictures . When is it OK to say No , know more and I don't want to do this anymore. Please someone HELP

2. Bonita

Bonita New Member

I know that I am not nearly as far along as you, but I would like to help by saying "you have the right to say no". You have the right to live. You have the right to be you. You have the right to move on. You have the right to be strong. You have the right to cry. There will never be another person like your husband. He will always be a separate part of your life-you will not ever be able to replace him. So, you turn over a new leaf. If you are anything like me you are in a different time of your life. Your priorities and needs are different, so when you meet someone he will need to fill your present needs.

Cathyswan and griefic like this.