*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Where are you from?

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by griefic, Jul 25, 2017.

1. ainie

ainie Well-Known Member

Good to hear from you Paul. I really felt I was doing well up until this last month. Had surgery on Sept 23rd and had to stop "doing" for awhile. Got into my head too much I guess. Hoping to get an all clear from doc this Thursday to get active again. It helps me.

2. I live in Lorain, Ohio, by the lake. Anyone close by?

3. Gert

Gert New Member

I'm from western cape South Africa

4. Gert

Gert New Member

I'm from South Africa. I lost my life partner 3 months ago. After twenty years suddenly. I was not prepared for the pain. I have read a. Lot about grieving,the stages ex. But I came to. A point where I realized I need help

5. As we all do during this time.Sorry for your loss. I lost my husband 3mo. ago on the 22nd. of Sept. Guess we are about in the same grief period.

6. Gert

Gert New Member

Yes I am so sorry. It's extremely difficult,

7. Sorry, if you are still here I got caught up in the chat room. My mornings are hard to take and I need conversation. Didn't mean to leave you hanging.

8. paul tinker

paul tinker Well-Known Member

Gert & Rose.

This site does amaze me. Mostly all 50 US states but internationally as well. Several from Canada, one from India, and a gal from Germany. So, the two of you from South Africa. I often wonder how people found this site in the first place. I remember those endless nights of insomnia. Fumbling around in the middle of the night. Looking up grief topics in an effort to begin to comprehend how and why this life experience was and is so devastating. Coming here was not intentional but random clicking.

Rose, we do need a conversation. I will start a day with coffee. Then correspondence. Many from here. Some NPR for news. The local paper online to know what happened in the world as I slept.

Glad you both got here. Hope it helps.

Paul M.

ValerieD likes this.
  9. Gert is S. Africa and I am Ohio

10. paul tinker

paul tinker Well-Known Member

Rose,

Sorry, I miss read you. You know that concentration focus issue among others.

11. That's alright, I am just happy to on this site.

12. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

I'm in Northern Calif above Sacramento.

13. cjpines

Northern Calif, El Dorado County.

14. cjpines

El Dorado County, Northern Calif.

15. cjpines

I lived in Santa Rosa for 23 years, now in El Dorado County.

16. cjpines

Hi, I'm from Placerville, Calif.

17. Dmichele72

Dmichele72 New Member

I am from Cleveland, TN...suburb of Chattanooga.

18. Songman

Songman Well-Known Member

Everett, WA

19. EvoChris

EvoChris New Member

I'm in the Twin Cities area, MN