*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

What do I do now?

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Cattrina, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Cattrina

Cattrina New Member

Hi. My name is Cattrina. On July 2, 2021 I woke up to find my mom had passed away on the couch in the living room. My son and I had tried cpr but it was already to late. I am devastated. My mom was my best friend. My family was called. They are being ugly and mean to me. Threatening to sue me. I lived with my mom. I was here helping to take care of her for 10 years. Within that time my sisters barely talked to her and after my little sister died 4 years ago from cancer they didn't talk to me or my mom at all. Now all of a sudden they are rushing to go through the house to divide everything up. I asked them to give me and my son time to grieve but they won't. They blame me for the fighting. They won't answer some of my questions. My oldest sister won't tell me why she won't let me go to the probate office with her. She even took my mom's paper work to go through to see if she had any savings plan. The rift in my family has gotten bad and I don't know what to do to fix it. My sister in Florida says she'll never speak to me again after this. When we were younger I was always there for them and their children. But since my little sister passed I am hated. Now my mom. I am beyond broken. What do I do?

2. JenniferY

JenniferY Well-Known Member

I just went to the chat room and seen you really needed someone to talk to. I am adding you to my friend list. I am here for you my dear. So in the chat room the best time to talk and everyone meets at 8:30 pm I think EST until near midnight and another group is in at 8:30 AM. I think if you just comment on this thread I will get an email we can chat that way as well but it is not as private so keep that in mind.

3. Destrae

Destrae New Member

4. Destrae

Destrae New Member

Hello Cattrina,
    I feel for you and have seen the ugly that comes out...sometimes. on June 14th a drunk driver killed my twin sisters and my cousin. My mom survived the horrors of the collision. Watching the days and weeks unfold, as my sisters were both on life support that first week. Questions and decisions that had to be made...services to plan. Now I'm struggling to return to normal here.
    I feel like transparency is important to maintain relationships. Family can be difficult especially during such painful times. I hope I'm not out of line saying to you. You should protect yourself and your interests! I am just finishing up probate for my stepfather's estate. He passed of glioblastoma June 2019. You need to put your claim in, and or contest with in a certain amount of time. I suggest getting legal advice. Wishing you the very best! Good luck and lots of love and healing to you and your family!

5. JenniferY

JenniferY Well-Known Member

hugs to you dear and to your mom

6. Catrina

Catrina Member

At least your mom had you there for her for 10 years. That means a lot