*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

What do I do now?

Discussion in 'Life After Caregiving' started by Ralph Basile, May 27, 2019.

1. Ralph Basile

Ralph Basile New Member

After a stroke in 2010 and the following years as her caregiver about a month ago my mother's health was quickly failing. She had beat the odds with her cirrhosis living a year past what's the doctor said. I thought she would go on for much longer.two weeks ago after a couple of days in the hospital on and off an incubator it was recommended that she get hospice care. Even then I thought she would be around much longer than she was. Five days at home under hospice care and constant pain medicine she stopped breathing. It's been the hardest thing I've had to deal with. I keep getting up wanting to check on her I went shopping the other day and I had a few of her favorites in the cart realized it when I was checking out that she wasn't there anymore. I wish there was more that I could have done for her.

2. Sheila512

Sheila512 Well-Known Member

Be assured your Mom knew your heart. You didn't have to say anything. She knew. Celebrate her life. Volunteer for a charity she liked, and never, never stop talking about her. She wasn't a part of your life, she still is a part of your life. I feel like half a couple since I lost my husband and it is painful but your choice is to be stagnant or move forward