*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Weekends are the worst.

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Min, May 24, 2020.

1. Min

Min New Member

I get by ok during the week. A lot of routine stuff interrupted by the everyday emergencies that come with being a partner in a small business .
    But man these weekends are endless. My husband and I weren't the most exciting people I know-but we always did SOMETHING together.
    I try to plan anything to do but being together for 30 years has kind of left me hanging as far as having available buddys not busy with family.
    So I drink a bottle or 2 of wine alone and hate myself and feel pathetic.
    Anyone else feel this way?

2. Lindaloo

Lindaloo Member

Hi Min. I hope you found some strength today. I feel the same way. There are days that keep me occupied but weekend tend to be so lonely and if I go out, I just see couples and families together and it just makes me so much sadder. You’re not alone.

3. Min

Min New Member

Looked at your profile and you are so young to face this. Don't know when you lost your partner but for me the crying and
    not sleeping just got less and less over months-although I'm still surprised by it once in a while. I remember having to remind myself to breath.
    Thank you for you kind message. My friends/family are talked out. I was a mess today but I'll try to think of your words tomorrow when I wake.
    Thinking of you tonight

4. Lindaloo

Lindaloo Member

I lost him April 9th so it is still very fresh and raw for me. I struggle every day and am struggling to find a path forward. Your words of lessening over time helps and I hope that it does happen for me. I completely understand what you were saying about friends/family. It’s hard to talk to people who really don’t understand. But don’t let that negate or diminish your grief. You lost someone important to you that you never expected. And you will always feel that sadness. You can just hope for movement and strength. Have a nice night. Here to chat more if you would like.