*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Very Very Hard

Discussion in 'Finding it Difficult to Move Foward' started by G-ma, Apr 23, 2021.

1. G-ma

G-ma Member

Lost my husband and youngest daughter in 2015. It's been the worst 6 years ever! I was married to the love of my life. We got married at a very young age. I was 17 and he was 20. We had been married for 42 years and always knew we would be married for a very long time because we were that much in love. My sweet husband died from a pulmonary embolism and my daughter from suicide she was 36. My husband died on January 8 and my daughter on October 8. I've been in different types of therapy and it's helped some. The deep heartache that I still feel at times can stop me in my tracks. I've read alot of books about grief and dieing which I'll have to say really helped. My faith has kept me above water and keeps me going day by day. God bless.

Earth Angel likes this.
  2. PaxVobiscum

PaxVobiscum Member

G-Ma, I am so sorry for your losses and the pain you are continuing to suffer. It has been 19 weeks today since my wife died. She died the day after our 37th wedding anniversary. I miss her terribly. I know what you mean about the heartache stopping you in your tracks sometimes. I can go a little bit thinking that I'm doing better and then have a time when it hits hard. There is a monthly mass at the cemetery that I'll be going to tomorrow morning and, although I like going to it, I can get pretty emotional during it. There is a poem that they read near the end that is read as if being spoken by our departed loved ones and it rips my heart out every time I hear it. It is a nice poem and meant to be encouraging to us who have been left, but it still evokes a lot of emotions for me. This is the poem, if you want to read it. http://inspirational-poems.net/butterfly-poems/354-i-am-always-with-you . Like you, my faith has been playing the biggest role in my dealing with this loss. I hope to be re-united with her some day. It sounds like you have that hope too, so try to take comfort in that as hard as it can be. This life we have is so short. Even if we live to 100, it is still just a blip on the timeline of eternity. Since I believe I'll be with her again someday, I sometimes try to imagine what it will be like a few thousand years from now looking back at these few years of grief and heartache we are going through. It seems long and hard now, but if we go on after this life (which I believe we do) then the few years we are here will seem so short when we've been in eternity for a thousand years. There is a famous old hymn that has the line "when we've been there ten thousand years bright shining like the sun...". Hang in there G-Ma. You are not alone.

G-ma likes this.
  3. SusanMc8

SusanMc8 Well-Known Member

4. SusanMc8

SusanMc8 Well-Known Member

Your really have helped me get things back in perspective - I lost my husband of 56 years back in January - I miss him more than ever and am in so much pain daily with every reminder of him. I believe we will be reunited some day this is just a temporary separation - I need to keep my eyes on the big picture an realize how short our lives are

G-ma likes this.