*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Unique situation-lost ex-husband

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by SueS116, Jun 15, 2018.

1. SueS116

SueS116 New Member

My ex-husband passed away suddenly on May 14th. We were married for 21 years. We have 2 children and 1 grandson. We were still friends. He was only 67 when he passed away. Anyone out there in a similar situation?

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Sue, I'm so sorry for your loss. I imagine this is a loss a lot of people wouldn't understand, but the love that a couple who has chosen to marry and have children together can last even beyond the marriage itself. That makes this type of loss extra hard to understand. But of course your children have lost a father, and any time we see our children in pain we will suffer too. I hope you can find some support here. I have included a link to an article on our blog on "Disenfranchised Grief". I hope that can be a help to you: http://www.griefincommon.com/blog/the-role-of-proximity-in-grief-disenfranchised-grief/
    I wish you all the best, please take care~

3. Lerise Woody

Lerise Woody Member

Yes I am. I lost my son’s dad almost 2 months ago. We were never married but we had a son he’s a junior. We had a toxic relationship soon learned we were better friends/coparents lol. I loved him so much!!! And he died suddenly. He was murdered. I cry all the time. Even though we wasn’t together at the time of his death I have this weird feeling like is it fair to be with anyone again since he can’t. I’m taking his death so hard. You take care of yourself be strong!!