*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

The rules of engagement

Discussion in 'Dating Again After the Loss of a Spouse/Partner' started by plalonde, May 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. plalonde

plalonde New Member

It has been 25 years since I last dated. Now at 53 I have not a clue where to start. I have looked in to the online services and find that they are bad. Even at their best they are bad. I do believe most only want your money and not your happiness in finding your next chapter.

Hope does someone meet people at 53? I DO NOT do the bar and club seen and find my church to not offer any support either.

Kata likes this.
  2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Plalonde, I'm so sorry for your loss and the challenges that have come as a result of it. Dating can be hard at any point in life but I think a griever feels especially vulnerable. Online dating sites can be good and bad, and most people don't want to spend too much in a bar and worry about the people they meet there. Perhaps a class, or a club, a volunteer opportunity - or a place where you can find people with similar interests? I hear good things about meet ups and find they have a LOT of options...something for everyone really. It's worth exploring, especially if you feel ready to add a new relationship to your life. I know it's hard, but it's possible, and I wish you all the best in the future~

Kata likes this.
  3. Aude

Aude Member

Hi. I would suggest telling your friends, coworkers, and others within your social circles that you would like to begin dating. Someone may know a nice person to introduce you to, and the first meeting could even involve the person/people you both know. Making it a double date or small group dinner, for instance, will reduce the pressure on everyone and make it more relaxed.

Kata and Didee like this.