*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Sudden loss

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Ash44, May 5, 2019.

1. Ash44

Ash44 New Member

my dad passed away suddenly in January,

He was diabetic and took to much insulin and collapsed face first and starved himself of oxygen, it took him 6 weeks to pass away, 2 weeks on life support before we decided to give his organs away but sadly the day we prepared to say good bye he didn’t pass in the 3 hour organ window. So we had to start end of life which was horrific, for 3 weeks I watched him die, he constantly death rattled and chocked on fluid in his lungs, we constantly got phone calls saying we needed to come in he was going and he didn’t, he became so week and skinny it was awful. I felt so guilty if I missed one day of going to the hospital but couldn’t bare watching him die.

I don’t know how to feel any more, I had such a complicated relationship with my dad and we had just begun to build it back up and then he passed ...

Has anyone been through a similar situation? How did you cope?

2. Sarahlee Williams

Sarahlee Williams New Member

I
    Lost my diabetic father suddenly in March. He had a really bad turn if health in June of '18 just before Father's Day. We thought he wasn't going to make it. He did and we got a few.more months with him. Although I didn't have the same experience as you I do have a lot if guilt. I didn't go visit him over my birthday (presidents day weekend) because one part of the trip was REALLY bad. In hindsight I want a do over. I texted with my dad on a Saturday and Sunday my mom called and said he had passed. He was doing really well had been off of a lot of his medals and was talking about moving closer to my sister and I. Anytime I miss him I write a letter to him trying to explain how I feel. For me, it helps. God bless and nothing but goo healing vibes sent your way!

3. Adriel

Adriel Member

I am sorry for your loss . How difficult!