*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

sudden loss of my uncle and auntie, both within last 5 months

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by renee4real, Feb 19, 2021.

1. renee4real

renee4real New Member

my uncle died suddenly of a heart attack in mid september 2020. my auntie, his wife, died suddenly of a heart attack in early january 2021. my auntie and i were very close and always had been since my birth. we spoke on the phone at least once a day and we grew even closer in the last few months, as i supported her with losing my uncle. at this point, i still find myself reaching for the phone to call her...and then i get a jolt feeling in my chest, as i remember she is gone. gone, so final. my uncle and auntie had just celebrated their 43rd wedding anniversary. they were the most stable people in my family, i spent a lot of positive time with them growing up. they were very kind, giving people. i miss them, especially the close relationship i had with my auntie.
    i decided to look online for support groups as my husband told me that he was tired of hearing about my grief. i understand that he just doesn't know what else to say to me when i experience painful memories. i feel alone. i suppose i am looking for others who might be experiencing grief due to the sudden loss of loved ones.

2. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is the right place to be. Grief has no time limit. When you lose someone close it feels like part of i left with them. I pray u have strength to get through this everyday