*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Sudden lose

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Barry A Garland, Nov 7, 2018.

1. We never really received a diagnosis other than she had psychosis. She was always talking to someone we couldn't see..had an appointment with a doctor on the 19th of this month but she passed before on the 4th

2. Boze

Boze Well-Known Member

Do you know why you were restricted from meeting her doctor? A generalized diagnosis like that seems sort of rare. Do you think maybe she was hyper vigilant? I use that term instead of paranoid. Do you think her hyper vigilance might have turned to paranoia? If not why didn’t she get you involved more. I hope God helps you find your answers.

3. We still do not have any answers..we were never even told how we should care for her..she was a very private person..just found some prescriptions she had for treating clinical depression...she started hallucinating at the end of 2016 and just got worse..the last 10 months she claimed to be married to a cleanser sent from God and they had twelve babies living in the wall behind her head board...i never knew she was so depressed..stunned

Boze likes this.
  4. Boze

Boze Well-Known Member

I’m not trying to diminish your feelings for her, but do you feel the source of her hallucinations were due to her poor judgement, or her doctor? How could they be yours? I have found psychiatric care to vary a great deal with geographic issues. Also, I knew a lady who was high functioning, but wouldn’t take her meds as it was ordered. She had family who encouraged her to do so. The last time they took her into to a County Mental Health facility she had taken her clothes off and was walking down a west coast freeway. She was manic, depressive. But she liked it a lot. I hope you can sort out her responsibility from the doctor. You could ask a lawyer to ask a judge to let you see her hospital records. I’ve done that about a stranger...

5. I really don't know...She never gave a clue anything was wrong...she worked in Austin for the movie industry and went to see doctors there but never mentioned a thing..when things started changing i mentioned going to see a doctor but she said no...took her to er Oct 2nd because her chest was hurting and she threatened to kill anyone that came around her then moved her into psychiatric ward and was couldn't see her...she was then transferred to another hospital and when i saw her she was a zombie..released on a Friday had her back in the following Thursday because she stopped eating or drinking and she was released the next Friday and was beginning to eat and drink but too weak to walk on her on anymore and using a wheelchair. Last Saturday night she wanted stay up and watch tv..Sunday morning she was cold and not breathing and she was gone

Boze likes this.
  6. Boze

Boze Well-Known Member

For sake of your necessary privacy- I’m not going to ask your exact relationship to her just now. Maybe when the pain wears off a little later. If you are in touch with a really direct relative I would ask for a 2nd autopsy. I got a second autopsy for my brother. It helped me and his children enormously. The law said his death - it was due to alcohol. It absolutely wasn’t. It was doctor error. This was in a really tiny town that didn’t want everyone to think their Chamber of Commerce issues came before the real law. (But of course it does) In other words they didn’t want the newspapers to publish what really happened.

7. Boze

Boze Well-Known Member

Chamber of Commerce can’t sell real estate in areas where there are terrible medical issues.

8. Her son didn't want an autopsy..The medical examiner looked at the medical records from the last three hospitals and decided it was natural causes..so we had to come up with our own conclusions

9. Boze

Boze Well-Known Member

It seems to me her son wasn’t really considerate to those who loved her. I knew a few ppl in the entertainment field like that. So it sounds like you have been physically or emotionally blocked from the natural cycle of grief. He’s sort of like an emotional football player who would not let you go out for the pass. Even if you dropped the ball at least you could have tried to work things through emotionally. Now you feel blocked with no where to cycle your feelings. I’m really Sorry for that. Maybe you could tell him indirectly he is a callous terd. That might unblock your anger.

10. It's not that..he's a good man. Just never was around very much but also made no attempts to call or come see her in the hospital...Her sister and myself were the only ones that took care of her but obviously not good enough or she would still be here