*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Stuck in Time

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by skippy, Nov 17, 2020.

1. skippy

skippy New Member

My little brother died two months ago. We were raised in a tumultuous family, so we were really all each other had. He was by far the most important person to me in the world. I feel like I can't move forward. I am in pain constantly. I look for him everywhere and I am constantly flooded with guilt for every time I wasn't nice to him. We mostly got along really well, but we are brothers so of course not always. He died on his motorcycle at just 18 years old. He hadn't even graduated high school yet. I feel so alone. It's like my heart has been ripped out of my chest and I don't know how to sew it back up.

2. I'm so sorry for your loss, it is absolutely tragic. 18 is no age at all. I see you posted this about a month ago, how are you coping with things? I imagine the holidays have been difficult. I think how you're feeling is completely totally and utterly normal, you have experienced a massive, sudden and tragic loss of a beloved brother. Just give yourself plenty of time and space to grieve and know that he would want you to keep on living. You can bring him with you when you do things off that makes sense, so he can experience more life through you.