*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Something I found

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by MDGinVA, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MDGinVA

MDGinVA Active Member

I had to get a new license and decided to get the real I’d. While looking for my social security card ( never did find it) I saw a folded piece of paper with my name on it in Debis handwriting. I didn’t usually keep notes and forgot all about this one, but when I opened it I cried. I needed this so much when I found it. She did this when I had a kidney stone and couldn’t go to work. But what she wrote is timeless and precious now. Ilan sooooo sooooo happy to have found this and it shows just how special she was.
    2899B2F6-C4EA-4EFA-AC00-29F1A68DA97D.jpeg

Mary0128, Dee Kay and RLC like this.
  2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

How wonderful to find such a special caring note. And it’s perfect for “always”. Better then finding your SS card. So much love in that small piece of paper!
    It’s things like that that save the day and that we miss so very much!

MDGinVA likes this.
  3. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

Yay! These notes are priceless. I found a love note on a grocery list in my checkbook after Michael passed. It meant a lot to me when he wrote it, but offered me so much comfort after finding it for the second time. He was so giving that way, better than I was. I am so happy you found this. I know how much it means.

MDGinVA likes this.
  4. tgotyall

tgotyall Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.My wife passed Feb last year from cancer at 59 like all who loss their spouse I miss her terribly. It is great that you found that note and sure it brought you tears but am sure it made you smile ,what a sweet thing for your wife to have done for you.I to have found notes ,but I was going thru a desk drawer and found one of the 8x10 glamour shot pictures when she was in her 40's ,I think she was uncomfortable with having them out for if I remember it was gift to her to have the pictures taken for she never would pay herself to have it done.I still don't know where the other one is but maybe one day.Take care and continue to be strong and courageous.

MDGinVA likes this.