*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

smiling a little more and hurting a little less.

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by skies24, May 27, 2020.

1. skies24

skies24 Well-Known Member

I started this journey that no one wants to be on 4 months ago. At that time I thought there would never be a day I would ever laugh again. I thought my days would forever be filled with tears. The pain was so sharp. Thank you to this site for letting me see a glimpse of happiness in myself. I’m starting to feel okay. Whatever okay is. I miss her everyday. But the pain is getting easier. To whoever is in that place they feel like they won’t make it out of the pain. You will. At some point it will begin to hurt less. I didn’t believe it when anyone told me that. I’m thankful for smiling a little more and hurting a little less. Thank you to this site.

2. Jonathan5757

Jonathan5757 Well-Known Member

This site has been a life saver, with all of you here support is usually email or posts in thread or forum. Where I have no support system at all I reached out here for help and advise and I got it. The

Sweetcole, glego, cg123 and 1 other person like this.
  3. glego

glego Well-Known Member

skies24, glad to hear you're feeling better, and I agree this site is very helpful. When it comes to loss, experience is a teacher. I thought I understood great loss, a significant other or child, little did I know my understanding was limited. It does get better, although at times still a bit of a roller-coaster.

Kristine50, cg123 and ainie like this.
  4. darren1234

darren1234 Member

my sweet tammy has only been gone 23 hrs soo sad

5. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. You are very strong to join the group with the loss being so fresh. I'm praying that you have strength to get through what ever comes your way.

6. ainie

ainie Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of your loss. It is good that you found this site so early in your journey on the road of grief. Grief has many phases and you are welcome here through them all. Will be wishing you strength and comfort in the days ahead.

7. HankersKing6

HankersKing6 Well-Known Member

8. HankersKing6

My journey started with the loss of mom almost four months ago. It has gotten a little better for me. At first the grief was overwhelming. I was sad and cried a lot. Through pray, talking with my husband and this site, I am not as sad. However I still have my moments. I can relate to your post. Thank you.

9. Cyanotype

Cyanotype Well-Known Member

10. Cyanotype

The problem is waiting for the pain to be less. Sometimes I wake up feeling so empty

11. HankersKing6

But you are waking up and that's a good thing. You are alive ! Go outside and take some deep breaths. It will get better. Praying for you.

12. Cyanotype

Thank you

13. HankersKing6

Good for you! ❤️ Jesus loves me and you this I know !!

14. Yes, Cyanotype, that is EXACTLY how I feel, too. I'm so tired of feeling tired, scared, jittery, worried, anxious, guilty, physically hurting and more. This, to me, can be summed up on that one word you used = pain.

I never knew that bring on a grief journey could be so solitary. I think if I had gone first my husband would not have been able to survive. I'm barely hanging in there. I wish God would take me in my sleep.

Cyanotype likes this.
  15. Cyanotype

Yes grief is a internal process.....and it lives inside of you ..... alone

LivingWithGrace and ainie like this.