*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Signs or coincidence

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by skies24, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Cathy902

Cathy902 New Member

Wow!! I got chills b/c I feel he’s very persistent in trying to show you he’s not so far!! Also it’s so cool about the pets! I would think he’s saying they’re all together and fine!!! When I get a sign or message I always say hi to whomever I know it is!!! Hugs

2. Cathy902,
    Thank you for your kind words! It's especially curious about the pets because although we had many pets over the years, we specifically talked about "whoever goes first HAS to send a message that they're with our stinky, farting dog, Shadow, and also Little Bruce."

I also meant to mention that there's this cabinet under my dinette (I live in an RV) that is open some mornings. I close it tight, only to find it open again sometime later. This is also Bruce-related as Bruce used to do this thing we jokingly called his "whappity-whap" thing. He would bang on a cabinet (usually where his food was), trying to open it to get to his much-coveted food inside. He was a fat cat who loved to eat.

Again, fo y'all think I'm crazy? Am I reading too much into this? Am I looking for too many signs? I need someone to help ground me here....

3. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I personally don’t think you’re reading too much into what you’re seeing and feeling. I get signs or visits, whichever you want to call them, on a regular basis. If something happens and there’s no explanation no matter how hard you try to come up with something, then it’s out loved ones. My husbands in Ron also. And we talked of giving signs after one passed. He has come through with many many signs. And they are comforting, like a warm hug. I lost my credit card and after searching for days I woke one morning and I knew where it was and knew that Ron told me. He told me it was in my car. I searched and found it in the back seat. He messes with my phone and blinks lights and plays his favorite songs in places that would never play those songs. I feel his presence all the time.
    Your Ronnie is providing the signs you spoke of and Ron is doing the same. I say enjoy the comfort it gives you. It brings me great peace. I have felt a hug from Ron and a kiss. I’ve felt him brush past me. There’s no other explanation.
    My wish is that everyone would be open to these signs and feel the comfort that comes with them.
    You’re not crazy.

4. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

Reading your posting and others here has helped me to post a happening
    four months after my husband passed. .
    Was in process of moving had to stay over night at airport hotel.
    Went to pick up instruction card for using phone, turned card over,
    Printed in large letters lengthwise read , "I WENT TO GO EAT."
    It looked exactly like my husbands printing ,he was able to relearn to print
    in capital letters after the TBI fall , nine years after his fall.
    (due to years of Parkinson's disease he could no longer swallow.)
    God called him to Heaven.
    I kept that card and placed it in my Bible.
    (I only told and shared the card to a family member whom
    looked at me and proceeded to tell me
    " I wouldn't tell or show that to anyone, they'll think you're crazy."

In September 2018 I visited his brother and wife in Arizona .( I lost
    my husband wedding ring from my left pointer finger) we looked everyplace.
    six months later their family visited, during that visit, their great
    granddaughter named GRACE ran to my SIL hollering look what I found,
    SIL asked her to show where she found it, on top of the carpet in front
    of tv, as many times as she had vacuumed , meticulous at keeping
    house, why didn't the vacuum pick it up.

Blessings, Patti

5. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Patti, I’m so sorry for your loss and for how you were told to keep your visits to yourself. Thank you for sharing what you’ve experienced. A lot of people don’t believe in visits from our loved ones, so I’m cautious on who I share with too. Many people on this site believe and many don’t. That’s ok, I feel sorry for those who don’t because if their loved one tries to reach out it goes unnoticed. I’ll share something that happened to me. A month before Ron passed my cousin passed. He’s my age we weren't terribly close, we were very close growing up and in the same classes in school. Anyway, after Ron passed I received so many messages and visits from him that couldn’t be explained away and I was even a more firm believer. My parents had visited me often and Ron and I could always read each other’s mind or get the other to look over without saying a word. So we discussed sending each other signs when one of us passed. Ron was always better at sending and I was better at receiving. After I was told they couldn’t save him, I went in to him and during that time I told him to remember to send me messages. He visited the next evening and so many times since. Anyway, my cousin, he was apparently trying to tell his wife he was ok, and his family members. I’d say 6 months after Ron passed I was in a parking lot trying to leave, it was bumper to bumper cars going in and out. The SUV next to me going in caught my attention. I look over and see my cousin who passed. I shake my head and look again, he’s still there. And looks at me and sends me a message for his family. He wanted me to tell them he’s trying to give them messages that he’s ok and safe and healthy. Not to worry. He said his family isn’t picking up on his messages and needs them to know he’s ok. I was afraid to share, I didn’t want the reaction you got and didn’t know their thoughts on such things. But the problem was, he stayed in my head, never stopping, he wanted me to share. I chose to text one of his sisters, that I had a message from her brother and that he’s trying to give you all messages. I saw that she read my text but she never answered. I was hurt and so upset I even told her. My brother wanted to have words with them. But I told him no. As soon as I sent that text, my cousin left me alone. It’s not wishful thinking it’s not in our minds, I certainly wasn’t thinking of my cousin after I lost my husband. It happened. I love your stories and the fact that his ring showed up. And it can’t be explained away. It would have been vacuumed or seen in 6 months. I’m certainly no expert on this stuff but I find staying open seems to help get the messages. We’re going through the hardest thing we can ever experience, let’s just say these aren’t messages, it hurts no one and if believing brings comfort so be it.
    Take care and thank you for sharing. Robin

6. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

Hi Robin, thank you for replying back to my posting, I have experienced .
    Since my Jack passed. Nov. 7 2016 I have accepted each of them , not fully understanding
    each, but they happened.
    The last one last year, I was awakened by the bathroom door being
    closed hard, my dog in bed with me barking , I jumped up grabbed my cell phone and
    rushed to open the door flipped on light ready to take a picture, my little dog still on my
    bed barking.
    The first week I slept in recliner, we had bright light outside that gave light to the livingroom
    White wall, I awake during the night facing the wall and saw a black silhouette of Jack's head
    I kept closing my eyes, reopening them it was still there , after getting back
    to sleep ,twice more awakened , each was it was in a different position.
    This happened twice more the first week.
    I only spoke anout the one time incident to the family member , kept it and all others
    to myself thereafter,till now.
    It helps to know others have experienced happenings too. I continue to accept
    each one happening, I know my Jack is in Heaven, and in God' s time I will join him.
    My prayers for all here, Blessings Patti

7. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

You’re welcome Patti,
    I’m sorry you can’t share with anyone. But I understand. I share with my daughter and my brother and his wife and sometimes here on this site. My first visit from Ron was the next evening after he passed. And it was very similar to your experience. I was also sleeping on my recliner. But in reality I wasn’t sleep at all. Dozing here and there. And I felt Ron’s presence next me, I look over my left shoulder and his head is right there looking at me. He stayed there a while, and I had that happen a couple times too. I’ve talked to people and they’ve had that same experience. And now you're sharing that you had the same experience. It seems to happen to people shortly after they’ve passed. It does feel good to know that others experience visits. We’re not crazy. One night I got up to use the bathroom and I saw what appeared to be a shadow or a dark area but in the middle of my room, not on the floor or wall. I felt it rush through me and I just knew it was Ron. A while back my daughter was very sick and I had her stay at my house. She felt a presence in her room and was sure it was me checking on her. But as she opened her eyes she was it was her Dad sitting on her bed. He was checking on her. He was looking at her and put his hand on her leg. She said she felt so safe and warm and cozy. I had one similar to that I won’t go into now but I felt him holding me in the night.
    And yes, when it’s our time we will join our husbands.
    Robin

8. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

Hi Robin,
    I only experienced these that I mentioned.
    The last one really had bothered me, to do what I did,
    Afterwards I questioned myself , "what was I thinking?"
    Like I mentioned before I've accepted the happenings,
    But can't understand them, I wish I did, how do I?
    Bless you Robin, I really appreciate your postings.
    Patti

9. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Hi Patti, Don’t be hard on yourself. The door slammed and you jumped up to see what happened. Sure in hind site you’re thinking it might not have been the way to go. But you’re ok and you realize you weren’t as careful as you should have been. You seeing Jacks Silhouette like I saw Rons head, I believed at the time and still do, it was his way of saying I’m with you still and watching over you and that he’s ok. There were no signs of stress in his expression, just love. Jack was expressing the same. The door slam I don’t know. Can you explain it being slammed in any other way. Windows open or anything else. That’s how I decide if it’s a sign from Ron, if there’s no other explanation it’s coming from Ron. The note you found also feels like Jack saying I’m with you whether you can see me or not. I’m guessing you were feeling very alone and missing Jack terribly, and you got the sign. Try to embrace his signs to you. Whether other people believe or not, it doesn’t matter if it’s comforting, embrace it. The summer after Ron passed my daughter and I were going to bleed her sprinkler system. We were with Ron every time he did it. We’re like, we got this. But we came up on some questions and started not remembering. I kept having bits and pieces come to me and like a light bulb went off. I said I know what to do, dad is telling me and at that moment my daughter said omg dads telling me too. And we got the job done ourselves. Well with Rons help.
    To understand them just think of what your needing at that moment. You need to know he’s ok, you’re feeling lonely or overwhelmed. Need a shoulder. I’m just now recalling someone else on this site was telling me strange things were happening and one thing that happened to her was a large bottle of laundry detergent fell from the shelf it was sitting on. Fell and made a thud sound fight as she walked by startling her. She put it back and thought it was odd but just went on with her day. It happened a few more times. As she walked past her laundry room. I asked if the washer was going, no dryer, no. I said do you think your husband is trying to get your attention. Maybe your missing his messages. The next time it happened to she said if this is you, you now have my attention and I’ll be more aware of things around me. It didn’t happen again and she gets his massages.
    In any case, believe or not I’m such a firm believer in if it doesn’t hurt anyone if it brings comfort go with it.
    FYI, my dad suffered with Parkinson’s I’ve seen it first hand and then cancer.
    You are so very welcome Patti. I’m just finding my way through this new life and trying to honor my husband every day. I enjoy your posts too.
    ❤️ Robin

Patti 61 likes this.
  10. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

Hi Robin, thank you for your posting. Sorry not replyed sooner.
    I took a break from Internet for awhile, had squamous cell
    surgery removal from side of my nose, came very close to
    corner of my eye, it's still swollen quite a bit, he had to go in
    second time, he got it all. Praise God.
    Thank you for sharing you're happenings with Ron.
    Yes,I feel the same as you did seeing silhouettes
    also the others, they happened. The first two
    happenings, I felt he was letting me know he's okay.
    Robin I am so sorry you're Dad suffered Parkinson's,
    I can't get out of my mind Jack's last nine years, I
    thank God everyday for enabling me to take care of Jack,
    I couldn't have done it without HIS help and guidance
    This journey of grief is so painful, still cry everyday, ( I
    think of him all the time.)
    I know God understands all things, am thankful
    for all HIS Blessings.
    Robin I think you have a birthday this week, am I correct?
    Want to wish you a Blessed Happy Birthday.
    Hugs and prayers to you, Patti

11. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Patti, thank you for the birthday wishes, and yes my birthday was last week. My daughter took time off to spend a few days with me and we planned a relaxing day for my birthday. We spent the day walking through a town on the shore and went in shops and enjoyed lunch overlooking the water. Ron would approve and be happy our daughter is such wonderful support.
    I hope your mostly healed from your surgery. I know it had to be difficult to go through without Jack by your side. But he was with you in a different way, and gave you the strength to go through the surgery.
    I can tell you that there was quite a while I was angry at God. How could he take the most important person away from me, and so quickly. I stopped praying and just felt so hurt and angry. But God understands we get angry and is there if we need him. I got over my anger and he’s guiding again as is Ron. I’m glad you felt Gods guidance when you needed it most. The tears you mention are cathartic and good to let out. This is a very long and painful journey. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
    Keep the faith, Robin