*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Resource About End of Life

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by BeyondB, Jul 21, 2020.

1. BeyondB

BeyondB New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so I hope this is allowed.

I'm working to set up a not for profit end of life resource especially dedicated as a safe space for all end of life conversations. I have found it really helpful to have a space to talk about all things death that is carefully curated, especially as grief can be so hard when we are caring for a loved one who may be ill or in palliative care.

I'm incredibly passionate about improving death literacy and having positive, open and honest conversations about end of life to help us in grief. We don't profit in any way from it and are hoping to get a bunch of death positive people (both who work in the industry and those who don't) on board so that it's a really safe space for anyone who has questions, thoughts, ideas, concerns, or feelings about end of life. I've seen firsthand in my role the effects of people not talking about death and it's honestly heartbreaking.

I would really love any and all feedback on the site, and also to have some of the amazing people I've seen on here when I've lurked on my personal account to go over and create some posts as we launch this Wednesday . Especially with the extra isolation everyone is feeling in COVID-19, it's an online sort of 'death cafe' where people can share everything from fears to inspiration to jokes to grief and stay connected. There will also be videos on grief, loss, and practical, free end of life help.

It's at bare.org.au if anyone is interested. I am really hoping this will provide some support to carers and people who need more end of life focused help. Thanks guys!