*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Repeating The Same Mistakes

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Collin, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Collin

Collin New Member

Two and a half years ago I lost my wife to suicide. Our relationship suffered greatly from alcoholism and secrets. While our marriage was far from perfect I still loved her more than words can ever express. I would give anything to go back and change how our life was, change how I treated her. I think about it constantly. Being consumed with sorrow has pushed me deeper into my alcoholism and I have lied to my current significant other about it. I see myself making some of the same mistakes I made in the past and I am desperate to change. I want to be honest with myself and the people I love but I am scared to be open with them even though I know that they will be supportive

2. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

Hi Collin, I am so sorry you are going through this, and the loss of your wife.
    I wanted to send you a private message but don't know how to do that. My Dad ,
    was an alcolhalic all his life, my parents divorced when I was four years of age,
    I was 49 had a back injury, required fusion surgery , flat for six weeks in hospital,
    God led me to write a letter to my Dad, I would like to share with you what I wrote him.

After I got out of the hospital my Aunt ( his siste) phoned me, telling me he
    had quit drinking.
    Kind regards , Patti

3. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Patti, I see you wanted to send a private message to someone. You can start a conversation with that person and check the box at the bottom that indicates no one else can join the conversation.

4. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

Bless you Chre, I have tried to learn how to reply to Deb but I have had a time trying to do it. Than you
    I will try again now Patti

5. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Let me know if you still have problems.