*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Orphan at 29

Discussion in 'Loss of Both Parents' started by Whoopsiedaisies, May 25, 2020.

1. Whoopsiedaisies

Whoopsiedaisies New Member

Hi, I’ve just lost my mum. It was sudden and not at all expected. My dad died 10 months ago and my heart is just so heavy. For my mum to go just a week ago - I just don’t even know how to feel. I miss her so much. No words can comprehend the pain that my body is in, but my mind feels numb. I’m trying to keep myself healthy, keep myself safe with the urban family I’ve built over the past several years but she was my beat friend. I told her everything. And now she isn’t here and I don’t know what to do.

2. Liley773

Liley773 Well-Known Member

You are in the right place. There are many lovely people here and we are all trying to figure out the same things. I'm still numb, brain fog, depression, anxiety, panic attacks out the roof. Can't sleep. And now I'm all alone. No siblings. Only child. Husband gone, Mom gone. No one to help me go through this except on here really. I hope that you have other family members you can reach out to.....You're in my prayers....

3. Kasha

Kasha New Member

4. Kasha

Kasha New Member

I am sorry for both your losses. Just lost mom and dad and I feel guilty they left my brother and I a generous estate. I wonder if I was a good enough daughter. Guilty that their money will make my life easier.

5. Liley773

Liley773 Well-Known Member

You are truly blessed because I'm struggling and that added to all this grief and anxiety/depression makes it almost unbearable at times.
    Please don't feel guilt for that. Obviously you WERE a good enough daughter. It was a gift that they could give and they wanted you and your brother to have it. Their way to be sure that they could still be watching over you two. Do some good with it in their name, if you can, after your own needs are taken care of. Also, having that makes it one less thing that you have to worry about. And anytime you can say that right now, it's a good thing.