*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

One Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by riverinohio, Dec 5, 2019.

1. riverinohio

riverinohio Well-Known Member

I keep hearing people say that it gets better with time. I don't agree with that at all. Tomorrow will be the one year anniversary since my dad died and I can't tell you how painful this grief journey has been. I cry every single day. I find that I miss him more and more each day. Nothing is helping either. The other fact is that I feel that the holidays will never have the meaning it once did because of not only his death but the fact that he passed in early December, right after Thanksgiving and before Christmas. Life can really suck.

patricia k likes this.
  2. I know how you are feeling, its been four months and its so hard especially this time because i know we would have been spending it together. I feel like i will never celebrate Christmas like i used to without him. So many things are happening in my life and i just wish he was here. It really does suck

3. riverinohio

riverinohio Well-Known Member

I just wish I could make the tears go away but I just feel emotionally spent. I too have a lot going on..I am applying to grad school and I just am so tired. I just wish it didn't hurt so badly. I am glad that I can vent on this site because to be honest society doesn't want to talk about it. They think you should be over your grief or there is something wrong with you and you need a pill. Attention doctors: Pills don't mend a broken heart. It is beyond frustrating that in many ways society makes you feel guilty or flawed for having feelings. It's been quite a learning experience. We all need to learn compassion and empathy. I could rant and go on but it really frustrates me. It's like if you lose a dog, everyone wants you to get another one. How do I get another dad? This world is screwed up.