*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

One day/minute at a time...

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Wanda, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Wanda

Wanda New Member

I lost my husband on August 25, 2016 after a 2 1/2 yr courageous, hard battle with kidney cancer. It was him and me against the beast called cancer and he fought so hard. He died in my arms knowing how much I love him.

He was my best friend, my confidant, my soulmate, my heart, the very air I breathe, my missing puzzle piece...my forever love....

I have been blessed to have signs that he is still with me...the scent of his soap & cologne...the sound of things falling in another room, but nothing out of place...a song on the radio that comes when I most need it...I swear one day I felt his touch on my neck...

I am still caught off guard by unexpected "triggers" but I am determined to follow his last wish for me that I "Go on, live & be happy"

One day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time...

Margarita and Denise G like this.
  2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Wanda, I think sometimes that's all we can do. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss...we understand here how hard it can be. And while time doesn't heal all wounds I hope for you it has softened some of the sharp edges of the pain. Sounds like he gave you some wonderful advice, and I thank you for sharing that here. Please take care~

3. Rob B

Rob B Member

I understand too well what you are going through Wanda. Take care

4. I'm still waiting for him to come home.